Thread: Windows 8 working slow after installing new updates

Windows 8 working slow after installing new updates

Upgrading cause many issues in Windows. I had gone through various articles based on this. I am also dealing with a similar issue on my HP desktop. I am having a Core i3 cpu, 4GB ram and 1TB hard drive. Still after that Windows 8 is freezing. It all happened after updates. There was around 1GB of download. I thought this will be good for the system security but created more new problems.

Re: Windows 8 working slow after installing new updates

I had gone through this problem number of time on my Windows 7 system. Each time when a new update is installed the system work slow. I have to use system restore to get the old settings back. But still nothing worked. Atlast I only install those updates which are needed. This things keeps on consuming your C drive. I am having only 20GB of space in that with few games installed.

Microsoft must provide some kind of desktop update manager. This tool should give us detailed information on the update and marked with important or regular. So that if we don't need it we can leave it aside. If you have a good antivirus I do not really think you need this kind of updates. Your system will still work nice. I agree that update slow down your system. Sometime the system just crash due to a buggy update.

There can be various reason behind failing updates. Like your system is having too many programs. You can make it fast by removing some of them from the startup. Just go in msconfig and go in startup and see the list of things installed. This all load up when you turn on your pc. Disable those which are not needed. You will get a bit faster boot time. The second thing you can do is use a good uninstaller software.