Thread: Anti Virus On Mac

Anti Virus On Mac

I had the rotinom virus on my hard disk that was NTFS configured (given to me by a lovely *saracastic* friend) and it infected my PC

Anyhoos, I managed to delete it from my PC transfer all my files from my ONE TERABYTE HARD DISK on to another hard disk on the PC (therefore I believe that the other external hard disk is also infected now), and then formatted the old one to EXFAT and copied all the older files back on to it using my mac..

Now I copied some files from the old hard disk.. and it seems as though whenever I try to access them (its a picture folder) the mac starts to get stuck and laggy.. ? but this lasts only while I am in the folder..

Can the rotinom virus work on mac too?

Any suggestions for an antivirus on mac?

I have bitdefender, its says my system is fine?

Maybe its another issue?

Re: Anti Virus On Mac

I read that the the virus that has infected your mac pc seems to create too many new folder and also hidden one's as well. What you can do is a system restore to a time before the virus stuck your mac. If you are on Snow Leopard then you will need the install DVD and then load it and restart while holding down the option key or choose it as the Startup disk in System Preferences > Startup Disk and restart. After that install the system.

Quote Originally Posted by expertz View Post
    I read that the the virus that has infected your mac pc seems to create too many new folder and also hidden one's as well. What you can do is a system restore to a time before the virus stuck your mac. If you are on Snow Leopard then you will need the install DVD and then load it and restart while holding down the option key or choose it as the Startup disk in System Preferences > Startup Disk and restart. After that install the system.

omg!! are you serious.. the rotinom can infect the mac too??? but isnt it supposed to be only for windows?

it had infected my PC through the hard disk.. ?

It is the hard drive that usually get infected with the virus, although I cannot say if it will effect the overall performance of a MAC pc. In any case you should try to clean up the hard drive or in the future it will create all sorts of trouble.