Thread: Full ram utilization after Windows 8.1 upgrade

Full ram utilization after Windows 8.1 upgrade

After upgrading to new Windows version I have a bit issue with ram utilization. The usage always remain above 85%. I never come down. Even on idle mode the ram usage is high. It is a bit complicated to find out what thing in the background is causing the problem. I do not have software in my system. The upgrade process took long time. How can I find what application in the background is using up so much resources. In Task Manage rI can only see system idle process. Has any other person has got this issue.

Re: Full ram utilization after Windows 8.1 upgrade

It looks like your system has a virus. And you had ran upgrade over it. Backup your data and format your system completely. This will only wipe out the problem. Later on you can install what you like as per your need.

Boot your system in safe mode and run a full system antivirus scan. You can try any free trail of full internet security pack. This would be enough. If any threat is detected the antivirus will deal with that. Ram utilization is high because of some background. And if it is system ideal process, svchost or windows explorer then this is surely some kind of virus problem. You can download a took called as Hijcakthis. This tool will scan your system for all background process and will give you a list at the end. You can check that list for suspicious applications. There can be chances that your old windows was infected and has a virus problem. You had upgraded over it which cause more problem. Formatting will be a good alternative.

Download and install Process Explorer. It is bit advance tool compare to task manager. It gives you nice information about different applications running n your system. Just runt his to find out which applications is consuming so much ram.