Thread: Not able to use system restore to fix Windows 7 system

Not able to use system restore to fix Windows 7 system

Recently installed Windows 7 update has slowed down my system. It takes a long time to open up a web browser and surf web. Nothing is working properly. My antivirus also shows me some infection. But they are removed. I had scanned the system in safe mode. There is no issue with that. When I tried to run system restore I found it is disabled. Now I have to format my pc. I need some tool which is similar to system restore. Through which I can restore my pc back to old state.

Re: Not able to use system restore to fix Windows 7 system

If system restore is disabled them it means there is a virus in your system. You have to format your pc. System restore is not disabled on its own. You have to format your system back and then enable it.

There is one tool that you can test. Download Rollback RX Professional. This tool offers you similar features like System Restore. Through which you can restore your old settings quiet instantly. The benefit of having this software is that you can simply add your own settings in the same. The tool help you to have a snapshot that can be restored and this does not give you any error. System restore is bit basic here. While compare to that this tool has more options and is quiet easy to use also. Through snapshot history you can simply choose old things and restore your pc instantly. It has simple interface to use. I cannot find any other tool better than this. There are advance software available but they will be more confusing to use. So better go with this one.

Better create a system image ready with you. Through cloning software like Norton Ghost or Acronis you can simply generate a full clone of your existing partition and save it somewhere. You can also restore the same easily.