Thread: What new or old feature of Windows 7 you want to see in Windows 8.2

What new or old feature of Windows 7 you want to see in Windows 8.2

Microsoft is working on the new Windows 8.2 OS. After Windows 7, users faced big issue in adjusting themselves on the new Windows 8 interface. But now it looks Metro UI is familiar to everyone. So I made this discussion to find out that thing you want to see back in Windows 8.2. There are rumors that Windows 8.2 will come with a new Start Menu. This is will be similar to what we have in Windows 7.

Re: What new or old feature of Windows 7 you want to see in Windows 8.2

That will be great if Windows 8 can offer the same old Start Menu and a option to disable Metro UI. Metro UI affect the system performance. Just launch multiple application and try to go back on the desktop. The entire system will freeze.

I would love to get the customization thing back. In Windows 7 applying themes, live wallpaper is far more easier. You can customize the entire desktop and make it different. But you cannot do much in Metro UI. A separate panel must be available under settings that has full customization support for Metro UI. Like changing the way it works, changing the behavior, icon arrangement. Metroi UI is the default launcher of Windows 8. I want something like Android. Here you can apply different launchers, theme and customize the phone screen as per your need. Microsoft must have some impressive effective on the metro ui making it more interesting. The current one is very boring. You can just modify the back screen and change colors. That's all.

It is possible that we might get the start menu back in new windows. Officially it is not confirmed. The last Windows 8.1 upgrade just came up with more customization feature. The start menu must be added back so that it becomes easier to access the programs.

That is right. Windows 8.2 might have a the Start Menu. We are really used to that. It is one of the most common thing which is repeated for years and now Microsoft just removed it confusing people. Microsoft must keep both the things. The Metro UI + start menu. So that people are not really confused about whats going on in the new interface. Things would be similar. Later on we can go ahead with the new changes in Windows 8. I need something more when it comes to customization. There must be modes in it. Switching from Windows 7 to Windows 8 or from Windows 8 to Windows 7. This mode will help people to use different things at the same time.

I had also seen that news. But it is not confirms by Microsoft. There are chances that we might get the start menu back. This is quiet important. Metro UI is not easy to manage. Microsoft must have released different editions for desktop and tablets.

This are just rumors. Yet Microsoft has not reveled what new changes they are going to bring in the new OS. Windows 8.1 brought a bit more stability and it has good performance also. In short the bugs which were present in the old OS is fixed and it is more stabilized. The new update will be released in the next year. I had gone through many articles that says the new windows update is going to give you a smart start menu through which you can access all your programs.But this is a bit less assured. Start Menu will reduce the usage of Metro UI which is always freezing. I do not understand the motive of adding this metro UI on the home screen. It also take times to load anything. It is really waste. For old system which has a core 2 duo system and around 1GB ram this system is a real pain. I will advice it is better to stick with Windows 7. That is quiet better.

I am waiting back for the next update. I had not yet upgraded to 8.1. I had seen there are stuff which will make the new update more better. I hope this would bring more customization settings and options to disable Metro UI.