Thread: Image recovery crashed on Windows 8

Image recovery crashed on Windows 8

I can't restore my friend laptop. He has a Windows 8 PC. The system usually looks to be working fine, but there is a virus issue in that. Many folders are converted into shortcut. So I thought it is better to re-install windows. I had used a old image recovery which was created before. But when I run that the system crashes and reboots. Now I am not able to boot in Windows at all. The system just restarts on its own.

Re: Image recovery crashed on Windows 8

Looks like the image file is damage. You have to us windows installation disc to format your pc and install everything from scratch. There is no other way to restore the OS back again. Arrange a bootable disc and test it.

It is right. You have to arrange a bootable windows disc to fix the issue. Or else there is no way to fix the issue. I had seen this issue on my dads pc. It was with Windows 7. I had used the internal backup and restore feature to create a recovery file. But it failed when I started back again to restore everything. Later on I found a windows installation disc and formatted the system. I installed everything from scratched and now the system is working fine. This time I am using Acronis. I had created bootable disc through that. There are around 3 bootable dvd's. Whenever there is a issue I use the dvd to restore everything back. It is quiet simple and works nicely. Sometime the virus also damage the image file stored in your system. Try to get a windows 8 iso file from web. You can download a trial edition. You can create a bootable usb through that and install it. Later on use your serial key to activate it.

The image file is damage. You have to use a windows cd for the installing everything from scratch. Always before going ahead with recovery test the image file. You can use a explorer tool to extract data out of that image file.

Without going for restore there is one more way to fix your system files. You have to run system file checker. This is a integrated utility which works really well and offer you easy option. But it is a time consuming process. For that boot in your windows or go in safe mode. Then launch cmd. In that type sfc /scannow. And hit enter. The process might ask you windows installation disc at some stage. Let the process run. If there is any damage system file this process will fix the same. I use this whenever there is a problem. It is system scan which check all the system files. Any damage component will be replaced through windows disc. So keep a disc ready with you. There are third party tool which does the same thing but they are not so reliable. This process is helpful in fixing a huge number of errors in the system. Just try out the same thing and see what output you get.

The image recovery is also corrupted due to which you are not able to restore the system. There is one way to fix the system. Download a trial version of Norton. Update it and run a full system scan. It might heal all the files.

You have to completely format the pc. Still after that the virus will remain in other partition. You have to copy all the files somewhere in a external hard drive. Then you can format your pc and before restoring the data backup you will have to scan it with a good antivirus. This will resolve the issue. Do not use a antivirus that completely delete the file if it found a threat. There are many. You might loose your data due to that. You ccan restore it back if you are having a good antivirus. So scan the files properly before copying. Or else there would be issue with the data. Try using a anti-malware also. This tool is also great enough to give you a proper security.

SFC is a very long process but will be effective. It is best to go ahead with complete formatting. Many are recommending you the same. Formatting will wipe out all damage file and give you a more stable system.