Thread: Unhandled OS Error with Corsair SSD

Unhandled OS Error with Corsair SSD

I am getting a weird error on my system after installing a new SSD. I have a gaming pc. The board which I am using is ASUS Maximus VI Formula. This is a extreme edition board that is simply awesome when it comes to gaming. On that I had hooked Corsair Neutron Series GTX SSD. I also have a additional hard drive that act as the data storage. I am constantly getting Unhandled OS Error on the screen. I had just formatted the system and installed fresh windows on it.

Re: Unhandled OS Error with Corsair SSD

This kind of error appear when you try to use Trim. You can download and try ForceTRIM utility. This tiny utility will help you to initiate the process and there are less chances of having error.

I had gone with the same thing on a different SSD. I was trying to enable TRIM and get the error. But the system use to work fine when there is no trim working in the backside. This is a big issue I think. There must be some option to fix the same. I had tried to update the firmware also and then tried back. But nothing helped. This kind of issue is also common on Windows 8. Later on I replaced the hard drive. I contacted the seller and asked him to give a different one. That fixed the issue. Things are working fine. My system also has a high end board which supports everything. There is no direct reason available what is the cause of the issue. Sometime a outdated firmware can also cause the problem. Better update it and try back and if that does not work then ask for a replacement.

Looks like improper hardware. The only thing you can do here is reformat your pc back again and try to install os once again from different disc. Not from the existing one and then try back. You might get a good rid of that error.

The error is not enough to give you solution. there must be more in the same. I will recommend you to test the hard drive. You can download a hdd health analyzing tool that will give you information on drive status. If the drive is poor or has any bad sectors then you will get the result on your screen. And if it is a brand new product then you can go and ask for a replacement. Tools like SeaTools are good enough to find out whether the drive which you are using is proper or not. The error which you had mentioned can be associated with OS or with the hardware. You have first determine which things is triggering the issue. You can find a bit detail in the event viewer. But to find out more help you have to test the hardware.

Looks like some kind of driver bug to me. You have to update all the drivers of your system. You can later on send a error report to Microsoft and you will receive updates to fix the issue. Run a windows update to get resolution.

It is right that the error is associated with some application or driver. I had gone through this issue when I was trying to install a 32bit windows no 64bit system. Through it support the OS version, but I started getting error when I went through driver setup. The system was not accepting 32bit drivers. I had checked a huge amount of kernel errors in Event Viewer. Later on I had installed a 64bit operating system with all new drivers and thing went back to normal. I don't got much error after that. The system was working fine and also fast enough. So in your cause you have to verify the same thing. Check whether your system is not having any problem with the OS. Try to change to 64bit version.

It is very complicated to find the cause of that issue. You can try installing windows on your existing hard drive. Remove the SSD and test out. If the system works then the SSD has some problem.