Thread: Is Windows 9 desktop a rumor or upcoming version of Windows 8

Is Windows 9 desktop a rumor or upcoming version of Windows 8

Some sites says that soon we are going to see a new version of Windows 8 which is Windows 9 desktop. I had seen some sample images also. I want to know whether this is true or rumor. I am unable to get a valid information no the same. The recent update which Microsoft has provided was Windows 8.1. After that they had not given any information on upcoming new updates. It looks fake.

Re: Is Windows 9 desktop a rumor or upcoming version of Windows 8

That is a rumor. I am also looking for information on the same. There is nothing like that. The only recent version which is in the market is Windows 8.1 and after that Microsoft has not provided any info on upcoming new version.

This are rumors. I had gone through some news, but nobody confirm about this version. I can also see the images. It looks fake. Many says that first Microsoft will release Windows 8.2. This is the new update that will add a bit of more features with stability. The last one which we got recently was Windows 8.1. Microsoft will surely not jump to a entirely new edition. Some news site says that Microsoft is working on the new version due to compatibility issue of Windows 8. This remind me of Windows Vista. When it was not proper and has a big hardware problem, Microsoft instantly came out with Windows 7. This resolve the matter. So here we can expect a sudden change in the OS in coming time. Which is probably the next year.

No it is fake. Microsoft is not going to release any new version of Windows 8. It looks like a concept to me. And if there is any then it has been announced long before. So the best thing you can do is simply go with the coming upgrades.

Some people on the web are just making up their own news and spreading rumors. There is nothing like that. Windows 9 looks to me some kind of theming stuff. Changing the UI or some kind of transformation pack for Windows 8. If you really need a proper detail, you can go on the official site of Microsoft where you can find more information about upcoming release dates and other stuff. Even if some new OS version comes in the market you are going to get the same Metro UI. There will some additional benefits. That's all. Microsoft is going to stretch this new OS for long time or else their step for inducing the new UI will fail. This all is done to make a pc and portable platform common. Windows 9 on the other hand is not going to come so early. We can expect some kind of new update in the next year. Which can be Windows 8.2.

I also saw those post. They are all fakes. Mostly rumors. I do not really think the upcoming version of Windows is going to bring any changes. They are going to stick with the same Metro UI from long time.

Windows 8.1 was the only lasting which was released and yet Microsoft has not given any indication of new upcoming version. This is a bit common that that sometime this rumors are spread about new release. I do not really think Windows 9 is going to come so early. Microsoft will surely go with Windows 8.2, Windows 8.3 and so on. This are the updates only. They are not giving you a new OS. Everything in this remain the same. It will have additional features, but fix and many more new stuff. Also new upgrades cause problem in some old system. I have seen this commonly on the last Windows 8.1 update released and was not proper. Later on Microsoft also released some patches that resolved the issue.

I had seen a transformation pack like that. It does not do much but just change the wallpapers and icons on the system. It add more looks. Customization is getting lower after when Windows 8 was introduced due to lack of impressive features.