Thread: Installing Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander along with Windows 8

Installing Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander along with Windows 8

Has has anyone tested the new edition of Ubuntu. I want to install this with my Windows 8 system. Last time I had tested a older version with Windows 7. It worked nicely. But I was not happy with the output. So I simply removed it. I do not want to dual boot. I will install it inside windows which is quiet more better. Because at the time of remove the boot-loader is also restored.

Re: Installing Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander along with Windows 8

You can do that. You have to run the windows setup for that. There is a exe installation available through which you can install Ubuntu in Windows itself and you get a icon in the control panel > uninstall program.You can test that and if you are not happy you can remove it.

The best thing you can do is install it on the virtual machine. You can install a oracle virtual box in your system and install Ubuntu on that. You will have to dedicate a amount of space to the virtual machine or else it is not going to work well. You can test the entire OS like you do in regular way. Here the OS setup does not modify or add files in your system. It remains saved in the virtual drive. It is also very easy to remove. But it puts a bit pressure on the ram and processor. Due to which at the time of using your system might work slow. The new edition of Ubuntu is updated and has more new features. It is fast and
    good. You have advance features and office pack installed in the same. The new kernel is more stable and supports higher number of hardware. It has good support for graphic drivers.

Ubuntu 13.10 is great according to me. What issue did you faced. Does your system was working slow. You have to provide more swap memory to get proper output. Try to re-install it in a separate partition this will boost the output.

Try Pear OS. This is amazing. You can install and run the same through pen drive. This new OS has a very light interface which is fast and great. You can install it on your primary partition. It is a bit issue to manage multiple operating system. But it is also necessary for long lasting performance. If you install it inside windows then your hard drive performance will be affected. Use it on a some other partition or the best thing you can do is simply install it on the pen drive. You can then boot the system through that and access all your internal content. I found the OS very impressive and good enough to give out proper output. Pear OS is designed for those who has just shifted from Mac system. It has a nice clean interface with good customization option also.