Thread: Benefits of installing the new Linux Kernel 3.11.8

Benefits of installing the new Linux Kernel 3.11.8

New Linux Kernel is now released in the market. I got the update notification on my Ubuntu laptop. I want to know what are the benefits of this new kernel. Most of the new updates are provided to enhance system stability. I am having a major problem is using my gpu on Linux system. Somehow it is not able to use the gpu and render me good output in terms of video editing.

Re: Benefits of installing the new Linux Kernel 3.11.8

You must check for the drivers for that. You can find that on the gpu manufacturers website. I think almost all AMD and Nvidia give you separate driver update for Linux system and after installing that the system will work more better.

It is always recommended to update the new kernel. It enhance your system performance. The new one Kernel 3.11.8 offers new updated drivers. It is going to boost the output of graphic card, wireless device, usb and other stuff. It is also going to fix the hardware issue which you are facing recently in your system. The last update helped me to fix the issue with webcam. It was an outdated model which was not working. But after update the issue is resolved. The update will also offer you solution with CIFS and file encryption. Major changes will be with improved sound quality and faster output from networking. There are no major changes. The features are limited but it is effective. Whoever using a system that has a Radeon gpu must go for this update. It will resolve the graphic related problem offering you more better output quality.

The kernel offer support for new Radeon cards. So if you are having a gpu then updating this is a bit helpful. Almost every new kernel is better and give you a good support for graphics. You can play some games also on the same.