Thread: What to do if I forget Windows 8 login password

What to do if I forget Windows 8 login password

What to do is I forget the login password of Windows 8. I am looking for a restoration here. First I had configured a picture password. That I forgot after few days. And the I added a simple text which is also not working. I had tried hitting ctrl + alt + del, but that did not worked. Does Windows 8 has some internal options through which it can help to wipe out the password. I had seen the issue in Windows 7 also, and this thing is still missing in the new OS.

Re: What to do if I forget Windows 8 login password

That can be done through Windows Password Recovery Tool. You have to download this software and you will have to use to wipe out the password. You have to create a bootable usb through this tool. Once created boot your system and wipe out the password.

You can reset that. The procedure is simple. You can remove the bios battery and fix it back after sometime. This will wipe out the password or you can just run startup repair. This are the most common thing that can be done to wipe out the password. I am not really sure about resetting the password of Windows 8. Many link the system with their outlook id and in the welcome screen there is no option available through which you can get a password back. Windows 8 Safe Mode menu has more advance option this time. You have to enter that. It is also called as the recovery menu from where you can troubleshoot your system and do a number of changes. Another thing you can do is try to run cmd anyhow. I had tried this thing a number of time on many systems. All you have to do is use a Windows 7 or Windows 8 bootable CD. Boot your CD in windows setup and click on Repair. There you can see cmd. In that type net user and hit enter. It will show you the list of accounts in your system. Then you have to again type net user username * and hit enter number of time. The password will be removed.

Windows 8.1 has as option to reset the login password.You guys had not seen that properly. To reset that you will have to use password reset disk which is a bootable cd. Just boot your system with that and follow the onscreen instruction of password reset wizard.