Thread: Windows 8.1 freezes after installing fresh update

Windows 8.1 freezes after installing fresh update

My new system is freezing up. It is a Windows 8.1 system. I had ran new updates and there were some new installation. After when the update was over it was freezing a lot. I tried to remove it, but still nothing worked. I uninstalled a number of software from my system and checked it again. It looks the new update is buggy. How to get rid of the same and restore the system back as it was before.

Re: Windows 8.1 freezes after installing fresh update

Try to run system restore. That is the best way to resolve the problem. You can find that in your Search box. Run it. It will remove the updates and configure the settings on manual. Windows will not install it without your permission.

System restore will not help much. You will have to find which application or software in the pc is causing the issue. You can find that through task manager. Launch it first. And then go in process. You can sort it through cpu or ram usage. You will see the maximum resource used application. You can turn it off. You can also end task the same. It is necessary that you must remove the associated program in the same. Another thing you can do is install Hijackthis in your system. This tool will scan your entire pc and will give you all services running in the background. You can then locate the software and remove it through control panel. I do not think it is possible to remove updates. You can try seeing them in Uninstall program. But if system restore does the job then you can skip this step. It can be a virus issue also. Updates add more stability to your system. They do not make it slow.

Windows 8.1 updates are having bugs. It is commonly found on Surface devices. I had seen recently Microsoft wiped out some update from the store. This can cause the device to slow down and even boot failure. So try to restore the old settings back.

Try to wipe out some unwanted programs in your system. Then go ahead with updating all the drivers. I had seen some queries on Microsoft forums. The debate was for the same issue. New update causing problem in Windows 8.1. It was due to a driver. Some old drivers are not compatible with the new update which creates problem. It is a graphic driver. So you can go ahead with updating all. You can use a software for that. It is called as Driver Easy. Download and install this in your system. This tool will locate all the drivers for you and will update it automatically. There is no need to find anything manual. I am using this tool from long time to keep my system drivers updated. It works really fine. Another thing you can do is try to get rid of recent Windows update from your system. It might help you fixing the problem.