Thread: Which Linux distro will work on Netbook

Which Linux distro will work on Netbook

I need a standard netbook for day to day usage. And I am getting one in DOS. It is really cheap. And for OS I am planing to add Linux on it. I don't have money to buy license Windows. So I want to know which Linux distro will be good for netbook. I want a lighter one that offer good battery output and all features associated with web surfing. I have a Ubuntu disc. Can I install this one.

Re: Which Linux distro will work on Netbook

Go with Linux Mint. It is amazing and light. It gives you the traditional desktop UI where you have a Start Menu with Search box int he same. You can type the name of application and software in it and launch the same. It is very impressive and easy to use.

Re: Which Linux distro will work on Netbook

Linux Mint can be a good choice. It comes with Office in it. You get a open source of office edition through which you can simply edit your word and excel files. But if your work is just limited to internet and web surfing then there are more light weight solution available. Instead of Linux Mint, I will recommend you to go with Ubuntu. It is one of the best OS released so far. It has a huge software repository where you can download tons of new thing. It is loaded with everything you want. So this is one of the best and trusted operating system. It works fine and has no performance issue. Due to long term support you get all drivers and require update for the same. Most of the hardware work well on it and it is one of the best distro for pc and netbook. I will recommend you to go for the same. You can download the latest version and install the same in your system.