Thread: Windows 8.1 crash after adding a new sound card

Windows 8.1 crash after adding a new sound card

I had installed Windows 8.1 Preview on my system. It looks to be working fine, but when I installed a new sound card it failed. There is a crash issue on the screen. I removed the sound and still the same problem appeared. The card was installed by my friend last night. It worked well for the entire day then the problem started. I thought after removing the card the issue would be resolved, but it still exist.

Re: Windows 8.1 crash after adding a new sound card

It can be a driver issue. It is necessary that you must simply remove all the existing driver. Upgrade can cause issue with hardware incompatibility. If you find the right hardware the issue would be resolved. That is the best way to deal with the issue. Just get the new driver update and then check back.

It is a driver bug. I am sure with that. Because the same thing happened to me. I upgraded my Windows 7 directly over Vista instead of fresh installation. A lot of new problem appeared. Each time on reboot there was a error on the screen and I was not able to do anything. I tried a set of different ways to fix it. I started with running the board driver disc. Almost all hardware was installed bu the printer failed to work. The issue lies with old driver which is still working in the system and can cause clash with new os files. So at last the only thing was left is to format the pc and install everything back again. I did that it was done. The system worked fine. In cause your the same thing happen. You will have to install Windows back again by formatting it. Do not go for upgrade it will generate more errors. And then it becomes really complicated to resolve the same.

It is a driver bug. I am sure with that. Because the same thing happened to me. I upgraded my Windows 7 directly over Vista instead of fresh installation. A lot of new problem appeared. Each time on reboot there was a error on the screen and I was not able to do anything. I tried a set of different ways to fix it. I started with running the board driver disc. Almost all hardware was installed bu the printer failed to work. The issue lies with old driver which is still working in the system and can cause clash with new os files. So at last the only thing was left is to format the pc and install everything back again. I did that it was done. The system worked fine. In cause your the same thing happen. You will have to install Windows back again by formatting it. Do not go for upgrade it will generate more errors. And then it becomes really complicated to resolve the same.

Go in device manager and see whether you can see any gpu listed or not. It will have a exclamation mark or it will be listed as unknown device. You will have to update its driver. Just right click on that and choose update driver. That's all.

This must not happen after upgrade. The device must be detected as some unknown device in your system. And then driver update will do the job. Now you have to find out first whether the card is working or not. If not then you have to replace it. But it is working then you will need to find out the right drivers. It might be possible that this car need some kind of update to run or some specific driver version only. It will not work on any other one. Now using a driver update utility can help you in fixing the issue. Or else the best thing you can do is use the driver disc which you got with the card. Run it and then find out. It might be able to give you a more proper way of fixing the issue. Just to test out yu can go ahead with tools like driver easy. This is a auto update utility which allows you to run fresh driver updates for all uninstalled or pending hardware. It is a very reliable software.

Windows 8 comes with set of updates. After installing it you must go ahead to find out the latest updates feature available on the official website. It is possible that your graphics card will get the drivers from updates which you are downloading.

I was using Windows 8. And I'm having a problem with the Pen drive. This is a old device which I had received from my office. Now it is having a password in it through which and able to connect to my office server. It acts as a kind of authentication device. In my office on my computers are awaiting on Windows XP. The laptop which I had purchased recently came with Windows 7 in it. I got a notification that I'm receiving a free Windows update. So I allowed update and it was downloaded and installed properly. But after when it was installed, the Pendrive is not working. This was not a driver issue. The problem lies with the compatibility. The new version of Windows 8 does not support the software which I have in the Pendrive. Due to reach am not able to use my laptop in my office. So I had to install Windows XP in my system along with Windows 8. Windows 8 is a new platform. Because of which you are not able to use older hardware on it.

the only problem lies with with the drivers of that hardware. So the best thing you have to do is to find that I driver and installed them in your system. If Windows 8 support that then hardware will start working or else you have shift back to the old operating system.