Thread: Network printer stopped after Windows 8.1 Preview update

Network printer stopped after Windows 8.1 Preview update

After running the new Windows 8.1 update I lost my printer. I am unable to understand the cause here. When I ran the setup it asked for upgrade. And the setup looks to be going well. I had my old programs still in it and they are also working fine When I went to check the printer it failed to work. It was setup properly. How can I restore my original windows back as it was before. I tried to check the settings, but Windows 8 looks a bit confusing.

Re: Network printer stopped after Windows 8.1 Preview update

It looks you are using Windows 8 for the first time due to which you are facing the problem. You can add the printer back again. This looks some kind of driver fault to me. First download the drivers from the printer manufacturer's site and then check back.

It is a driver problem. You can resolve that by downloading a fresh driver. All you have to do is simply post the printer model if you are not able to find the driver. I can help you in locate that. In the search box type printer and try to add it. If it is a network printer then you have to install the driver first. Most of the time the printer automatically detects the printer and install it. But sometime the driver problem appears. So just get the drivers install them in your pc and then add the printer in the same way you do on Windows 7. If the printer is active it will be detected and will be installed. New upgrades can create hardware issue with many. Because of UN-supportive driver. So all you have to do is go on the official site and get the driver version which is compatible with the operating system you are using. And install the same. It will fix the issue.

There is one more thing you can do. Run the printer setup disc. This disc comes with all kind of printers. You can simply run the same to re-install the printer back and this also works fine. The cd comes with a printer installation wizard from where you can choose lan printer.