Thread: clean install windows 8 on ssd

clean install windows 8 on ssd

I am using Lenovo laptop that has 24gb internal SSD inbuilt. I am looking to clean install Windows 8 on this SSD drive. The main problem is that I dont have a CD/DVD drive in this laptop, so will it be possible to boot Windows 8 from some external hard drive or will I need to buy a usb stick to install the operating system. Thanks for any information.

Re: clean install windows 8 on ssd

I dont think that it is worth it to install Windows 8 on a 24gb SSD which is very small in size or space. After installing Windows 8, you will not have much free space for applications and other items. It will be better if you get yourself atleast a 50gb storage which will be enough for Windows 8 to be installed. Are you using an OEM computer that came with Windows 8 preinstalled or not by the way?

I think that the small SSD drive in your laptop might be used for the Intel Smart Response Technology to boost up the performance of the hard drive, so you wont be able to install any OSes on it. Before doing any installation on the drive you should read some information on how the Smart Technology is set up from this link - http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...ogy-brief.html
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

You will first of all need to buy a retail version of Windows 8 iso and then put it on a USB stick of atleast 8gb. For activating the Windows 8 you will find that it is embedded in the UEFI for the laptop. It will be better if you have a SSD with 250gb drive for installation of Windows 8 because any lesser drive than that will create problems in the future.