Thread: shared printer problem in windows 8

shared printer problem in windows 8

I am facing problem with the shared printer if a USB printer is attached to Windows 8. Does anyone how how to enable the printer sharing and set its shared name? The printer that I am using gets installed on Windows 8 but I cannot access it with Windows 7 computer? Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thank you

Re: shared printer problem in windows 8

To share a printer in Windows 8 you need to move the cursor on the right side at the bottom and then click on the Search box and then type Control Panel and go to System and Security. After that click on Network and Security and then click on "View Network Status and Tasks" which is under Network and Sharing Center. Now click on "Change Advanced Sharing Settings" which is at the left side and then select Turn ON File and Printer Sharing and click on Save Changes, that will be it.

There is an easy alternative way to share printer in Windows 8, rather than to going around long way. You just need to go to Control Panel and then go to Hardware and Sound and then Device and Printers and then right click on the printer that you are using and choose to create a shortcut on the desktop. After that go to your desktop and then right click on the same to get the sharing options.

Even I was facing this same problem with my HP printer and after following all the methods given above nothing worked for me. I was not getting the option for sharing at all. But if I tried to do a right click on the printer from the Devices and Printers option and then I chose to troubleshoot this issue, then it asked me to fix this issue and when I said yes then this problem got automatically resolved. Hope this helps