Thread: Windows 8.1 Error "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more details"

Windows 8.1 Error "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more details"

I upgraded my PC to new Win 8.1 Preview about a week ago. It was working great, i also installed many apps and games from windows store which goes directly to Metro app screen. Now the problem i'm here is, i dont know what went wrong, all my Metro apps have stopped working. None of them are working now. Whenever i click them, it ends up with an error message saying:

"This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more details"

I tried restarting the computers, disabling unwanted startup programs, etc (thats all i know about troubleshooting) but still the problem remains. Also searching web didn't bring any fix fir the same. Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Re: Windows 8.1 Error "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more details"

As the error itself says to check the windows store for details, did you checked the same?

In Windows 8, Microsoft has changed and improved several things. If there is any problem with applications, the built-in store tries to fix it automatically if it was downloaded from the store. Hence go ahead, let the store fix it for you and let us know the result.

Re: Windows 8.1 Error "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more details"

Quote Originally Posted by Abhiroopa View Post
    As the error itself says to check the windows store for details, did you checked the same?
    Hello Abhiroopa, thanks for your reply. I followed the error message and got a new error, which says:

"This app needs to be repaired. There is a problem with with xyz app. Windows Store can try to repair the app for you."

Now what?