Thread: Shutdown time high after power outtage problem

Shutdown time high after power outtage problem

Can anyone help me to reduce the shutdown time for my desktop. There were power issue at my home recently. After the last one the shutdown time increased more. The system takes more than 10minutes to turn off. Windows 7 ring keeps on rotating when I click on shutdown. The boost time is also slow. It occurred only after power failure. The system works fine with games and applications.

Re: Shutdown time high after power outtage problem

You are putting your system on risk. You must use a ups for the same. It protect your system from severe damage occurred due to power failure. If you keep on using this way, any internal component can damage. Buy a good ups.

The boot and shutdown time is affected due to number of applications in your system. Sometime a improper ram is also cause of the same. Boot time can be reduced by stopping applications which are running on the startup. The same can help to increase the shutdown time also. First remove all the unwanted software from your system. You can find in Task Manager the number of services working which are affecting your systems boot and shutdown time. It is quiet necessary that you must wipe out those things which are not needed. You can test that by disabling all start up applications from msconfig. The second thing you can do is run defragmentation. It helps you to boost your systems output by making it more faster and better. A regular maintenance task can keep your system performance better. If removing applications works then your system shutdown will be increased. Try to find which applications in the system is eating more cpu and ram. That is causing a slow turn off. You have to remove it.

It is common with Windows. As times goes on it gets slower and slower. Whenever such thing happen in my system I go for a full system restore. That is the best way to fix this kind of problems. Just backup your data and go ahead with the backup procedure.

There are some registry hacks that can help you to reduce the shutdown time. Type regedit in Start > Search box and in that locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER > CONTROL PANEL > DESKTOP. Go to AutoEndTask. Set the data value for the same to 0. Reboot your pc and then check back. This works in most cases. Now there is one more way by which you can go ahead with killing all the working applications in the background. For that the best thing to do is use Tuneup utilities. This is software comes with some set of tools through which you can enhance your systems performance. You can make it work more better. Tuneup Utilities comes with a auto-optimizing feature through which the performance is more improved. It is necessary that you must avoid installing unwanted stuff in your pc. Try not to add any application or software which you are not using. Adding more ram stick is more helpful here. It will enhance the system output.