Thread: Nvidia Display Drive crash every time when I wake pc from Sleep mode

Nvidia Display Drive crash every time when I wake pc from Sleep mode

My laptop goes on sleep mode automatically after 15 minutes. But when I resume it back it gives me a nvidia driver error on the screen. The error says the driver crashed. It works fine if I restart the pc. But after sleep mode when I launch any game it fails to work properly. It lags a lot. What can be the issue here. Is this some kind of virus. Because my antivirus is already expired.

Re: Nvidia Display Drive crash every time when I wake pc from Sleep mode

This is not a virus issue. It look some problem with the video driver. Try to update that. You can also run Windows update here which will help you more in dealing with the issue. Just run the new update and see whether the issue is solved or not.

There can be number of reasons behind that. First a outdated or corrupt driver. For which you have to download the new one from Nvidia's website and install it on your pc. That is the easiest way to deal with the problem. Try to first remove the old driver. And then only go with fresh installation. If you overwrite the drive over existing one then the setup might not remain stable. Just download the latest version from Nvidia website and and then install it. Then try back. The second thing you can do is run system restore. If some settings are changed recently which are causing this problem, you can run system restore to revert the old settings back. This would be a less time wasting thing. System restore works really fine in fixing number of various problem. But if all this does not work then the problem lies with the hardware. It is possible that the internal gpu is not working properly. Time to show the same to a service center. Contact them show the matter. A constant crashing driver is a sign of damage gpu. As time keeps on changing it will degrade more. So before the warranty expire just show up the laptop and see what response you get.

Downgrade the driver version and then check back. I think that will resolve the issue. Sometime new drivers are not compatible. The driver update is performed automatically. So trying a different edition might offer you some help.

You are only getting the issue while resuming your pc from sleep. So here the problem can be associated with the ram or hard drive. While if this things are working fine then the issue lies with the operating system. We will first being with running a small test on RAM and Hard drive. There are ram testing tool available like Memtest. You can run this and see if you are getting any error or not. If there is any error listed then it is time to carry the same to a service center. The same is applicable for hard drive also. There are various hard drive testing software available which can do the same thing. It will give you a information on the drive health. When the system is resume back from sleep mode, ram has to work more to restore everything. I think the issue only lies with the memory. But if everything is fine then the last thing you have to do is re-install windows back in your system.