Thread: Windows 8.1 Preview File History problem

Windows 8.1 Preview File History problem

Previously in Windows 8 File Histroy option used to backup files that were placed in the default or user created libraries. Now I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 preview and the libraries are shown at the side ways instead of the "This PC" folders that only points to files located in the default User folders on the C: drive. How do I get the previous options back? Any ideas

Re: Windows 8.1 Preview File History problem

You should be able to back up the account that you are backing up with the help of the new File History and also the Public account's files. I find it working better then it used to work in the old Windows 8 OS even though it puts random files in the wrong places, so what. Hope this small information would help you out.

I was facing the same problem but I guess there is a troubleshooting method for it. What we have to do is open File History and then check the Exclude Folders. After that open File History event logs to view recent events or errors from advanced settings. Normally, the files that are placed in the Skydrive are synched to the cloud and are protected by the cloud in case user lose their device.

I am also looking for some of the Skydrive files to be backed up to a local drive via File History. I have got some of my personal files and even though it is backed up to the cloud but still I want to retain some extra control over them. I simply want some kind of option to add selected or add all files and folders within Skydrive to my local libraries and then it should be picked up by File History and then do a backup.