Thread: Windows 8.1 store error "Timed Out"

Windows 8.1 store error "Timed Out"

I need some urgent help from you all. I recently updated my existing Windows 8 to 8.1 Preview successfully. Its been over 2 weeks using this new OS without any problem, also downloaded several games and apps from Windows store. Yesterday when i went to store download a news application, first the store took too much of time open and later it said time out error. I tried to launch the app again and again, even restarted the computer few times but yet the problem remained the same.

My internet is working good. Did anyone of you faced the same problem? How to get rid of this error?

Re: Windows 8.1 store error "Timed Out"

Well i haven't seen any error message saying time out error on windows 8. Can you be bit more specific and post back with the exact error message? There would be some another message as well. If yes, post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison View Post
    Well i haven't seen any error message saying time out error on windows 8. Can you be bit more specific and post back with the exact error message? There would be some another message as well. If yes, post it here.
    Oh Sorry for the incomplete message. As i didn't found a fix the error still appears. Here is the same:

"We weren't able to connect to the store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. Please wait a few minutes and try again"

I am trying this again since past two days but no change.

The problem seems to be with the Store itself and not connectivity. You should try out troubleshooting the same. Before doing it, just clear the Store cache by running command “wsreset.exe” in RUN box (Win + R key). See if it helps.

If you still get the same error just go to Data and Time and make sure the region is set properly.

Hey guys, there is a very very simple solution for the said error message. I have been through this and managed to fix it easily. You just need to go in PC Settings, click Users and simply change the account to Microsoft Account. I mean, if you are logged in with local account, click on Switch to Microsoft Account. Enter Live login ID and password and now open store. There wont be that error any more.