Thread: Imaging software to restore multiple pc on lan

Imaging software to restore multiple pc on lan

Which imaging software will be good for restoring multiple pc on lan. I can find many for single pc, but not for multiple pc at the same time. Our office is planning for a monthly maintenance. Here we test a series of different things due to which the system gets slower and slower. And at the end formatting is the only option. Now I need some help to get imaging tool which can restore a pc in less time.

Re: Imaging software to restore multiple pc on lan

You can try acronis for that. It is the best tool. You can format your pc and install all drivers and software. Later on you can simply configure other tools. It
    is fast and is reliable also. I am not sure whether it has a multiple pc restore solution in it.

No tools provide you that. You have to go with manual restore in each and every pc one by one. Here you can create a image file and store it in the pc hard drive. Create two partition. Create a recovery image of your Windows drive and store it in other. Then you can go ahead with restoration whenever you want. I am using Norton Ghost here. This software works really fast if you are restoring it from the hard drive. While if you use a CD/DVD or pen drive then it is slow. I have a setup of 7 pc here and in each system I had keep the image file. I had denied permission for everyone to delete it. Due to which the file remains in the system. Through this I am able to restore my pc instantly whenever needed. The restoration process lies around 10 to 15 mins. I had kept minimum things init. There are important drivers, update and Microsoft Office. That's all. I had not UN-necessarily loaded the image file. Because that makes it bigger and it also take long time for restoring the entire system. It is not really necessary that you have to restore your system at a specific time interval. You must go with only when required.

I am looking for a bios base solution. Like hitting the F11 key to run the restoration process. Because that is more simple and better. It offers you instant access to recovery scene. There is no tool available that can add that thing in the bios.