Thread: Gtalk issue with Windows 8.1 preview

Gtalk issue with Windows 8.1 preview

I have recently done a Windows 8.1 preview update on my computer and after that when I am trying to launch Gtalk then it is not connecting to the internet and giving me error message that states "Connection to the Google Talk service was blocked." I have checked that my internet connection is working fine and I can browse youtube videos. How do I get Google talk to work in Windows 8.1 preview? Thanks

Re: Gtalk issue with Windows 8.1 preview

The problem that you are facing with Google Talk that is installed in your machine happens because of a proxy server that might be limiting the duration of the internet connection that you are using. The same proxy server might be also disconnecting you for reasons that is unknown and can be related to using too many resources. So, to work around this problem, you will need to uninstall the US version of Gtalk from your pc and install the UK version that you can download from here.

I havent tested the UK version of Google Talk but right now I am using the Hangout version that they have released which is working fine for me. This program is not so great because I am not able to see my list or messages when opening this app in full screen and it also doesnt have file transfer capability. But till the time a fix isnt be supplied, I will have to live with this app.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh-Singh View Post
    MrChris-

The problem that you are facing with Google Talk that is installed in your machine happens because of a proxy server that might be limiting the duration of the internet connection that you are using. The same proxy server might be also disconnecting you for reasons that is unknown and can be related to using too many resources. So, to work around this problem, you will need to uninstall the US version of Gtalk from your pc and install the UK version that you can download from here.
    I can confirm that the above method given to download and install the UK version of Google Talk is working absolutely fine on my pc now with Windows 8.1 preview operating system. Thanks for the help