Thread: Bluetooth not working in Windows 8.1 Preview

Bluetooth not working in Windows 8.1 Preview

I am using Windows 8.1 Preview operating system in my computer. I have noticed that if I connect my Bluetooth adapter in the usb port all the drivers are getting installed properly. But the problem is that even though the Adapter is showing in My Device but I cannot use it. If I am trying to search for bluetooth then it shows no results in start screen? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Re: Bluetooth not working in Windows 8.1 Preview

Yes, there seems to be some sort of problem with different Bluetooth devices that are not working in Windows 8.1. Microsoft has told that they are working on a solution for different Bluetooth manufacturers to solve a number of known problem with the bluetooth devices in the new Windows 8.1 Preview. All this things will be released in a new Windows Update release.

Try to check whether any new Windows Updates can be installed to Windows 8.1 Preview, if it is available in your computer. After you have updated, you should also set your computer to install Windows updates automatically. If still there is some problem with Bluetooth Devices then check the bluetooth device's manufacturer website to get the latest driver available for it and install it in your pc.

Even I had some problem with my USB dongles that were using the broadcomm drivers. What I did to solve this problem was, I removed all the old drivers related to the bluetooth device completely and then reinstalled the latest ones that I got from their website and now everything is working fine. Hope this helps everyone who is facing this problem.