Thread: problem with ThinkPad Tablet 2 after Windows 8.1 installation

problem with ThinkPad Tablet 2 after Windows 8.1 installation

I am cursing myself why I did the Windows 8.1 Preview update on my Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2. There are many problems related to my tablet like it will not wake up from standby, cpu problem, display issues and so on. I have installed the latest video driver but even after that nothing works. I have tried to install the graphics driver from the Lenovo website also but to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks.

Re: problem with ThinkPad Tablet 2 after Windows 8.1 installation

This issue was faced by many people who updated their Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 with Windows 8.1 Preview operating system. Some users were able to solve their issue by downloading and installing the Intel Graphics Driver version 9.14.3.1099 for Windows 8 from the lenovo website. You can try to install the same and see if that works for you or not, download it from here - http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub...s/gedm18ww.exe

I would recommend you to uninstall the display drivers first in your Thinkpad tablet 2. After that press Windows+X button and then click on Device Manager. Now expand the display adapters and then check if the name of the GPU is listed. When you find it, then right click on the display adapter's name and then click uninstall. After that do not restart the computer when it asks you to restart, it will install the default drivers in your computer. After installation, restart your computer and then check if all the things are working for you or not.

Can you try to create a new power plan and see if that solves your issue. Just open Power options by swiping in from the right edge of the screen and then click on Search. After that you have to enter Control Panel in the search box and then open it. Here open Power in the search box and then press Enter. Now you can click to create a new power plan by following the instructions and see any of those power plans work for you.