Thread: How to downgrade from Windows 8.1 Preview to Windows 8

How to downgrade from Windows 8.1 Preview to Windows 8

I have a laptop which came with Windows 8 operating system and after that I have installed the latest Windows 8.1 Preview on it when it was released. But now I am trying to get rid of Windows 8.1 Preview and want to install and use Windows 8 on it only. I have already tried to reset the laptop with the option "Reset PC" but it gives me an error to insert Windows installation disc or recovery media? I dont have the disk so how can I downgrade to Windows 8? Any ideas? Thanks

Re: How to downgrade from Windows 8.1 Preview to Windows 8

You can try to create a USB recovery drive from your laptop itself. Your PC might have come with a recovery image that’s used to refresh or reset your PC. The recovery image is stored on a dedicated recovery partition on your PC, and is typically 3-6 GB in size. To save space on your PC, you can delete your recovery image from your PC and use a recovery drive instead. More information on how to create recovery disk is given over here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/w...recovery-drive

I dont think there is any option to downgrade from Windows 8.1 Preview to Windows 8. You will basically need to do a system refresh to go back to Windows 8 operating system. Also, you will have to install all the apps that did not come with this OS. You can check for more information in the below link which will help you out in your case:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...apps_help_tips

You can try to use some backup program, that you can download by searching it on google. After that use the same backup to recover the Windows 8 on the partition or drive that is used. Or else you can easily use the installation media for Windows 8.1 Preview by creating a DVD installation media and download and burn the proper Windows 8.1 Preview ISO image from this link - windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/preview-download