Thread: Do you think Windows 8 is a good platform for gaming

Do you think Windows 8 is a good platform for gaming

Many laptop manufacturer today are just selling laptops on Windows 8. Even high end configuration are also coming on the same OS. I just want to know that it is really good to trust Windows 8 in terms of gaming. I think Windows 7 is still better. The touch interface is just more resource intensive making our job more complicated.

Re: Do you think Windows 8 is a good platform for gaming

There is actually a big debate on this thing. Many says that Windows 7 is still their favorite when we talk about gaming, while some gamers are happy with Windows 8 output. If you are having a good system configuration then there is nothing to worry.

I had seen some articles based on that. Because I was also confused with that. Windows 8 is a new OS that has a bit better architecture over Windows 7. Gaming is the prime choice for everyone. And no one wants a laggy system. Some benchmarking results in the market has provided that Windows 8 is capable of giving you a bit more better output compared to Windows 7. You must ignore the ui part here. I am talking about the platform. The new build offers you more bug fixe, better stability and many more things which can't be ignored. Still it now depends on the people what they are actually looking for. They need Windows 7 or Windows 8 it is their choice. But manufacturer has left nothing for us. All of them has almost adopted Windows 8. You can dual boot your system. There is not a big difference but you can assume that Windows 8 can give you 10 to 15% more better output in gaming compare to Windows 7. That's all. There is nothing special here. In terms of UI people are not getting use to Windows slowly. And in coming time I think the Metro UI will completely replace the OS launcher. Which was Start Menu before. Microsoft might also remove the desktop leaving only explorer.

My friend has a dell system which is a touchscreen laptop and offers Intel Core i5 processor with 8GB ram and 2GB gpu. It is running on Windows 8. I did not notice any performance issue on the gaming stuff here. If your system hardware config is good then you do not need to worry about anything.