Thread: Auto brightness adjustment application for Windows 8 laptop

Auto brightness adjustment application for Windows 8 laptop

Is there any good application available that can adjust the brightness of a laptop automatically. Like on the basis of outdoor condition. The one which we have in smartphones. I am having a Windows 8 laptop. At full brightness it is really pain in the eye. It is complicated to see it for few hours. I am looking for a software which can help me to set up a brightness control options.

Re: Auto brightness adjustment application for Windows 8 laptop

Those type of apps are available for portable devices. Because they comes with a sensor. While laptops does not has those sensor due to which auto brightness control is not possible. But you can try to control that manually.

Almost all laptops comes with a dedicated hotkeys to control brightness. You can through that control the brightness. Now if your screen is extremely vibrant then you cannot do anything in that. It is the hardware. I had seen some models which has really bright screen compare to other models. Which is due to led backlit. To put less strain on your eyes you can keep the same at 0 which is the lowest one. Usually windows 8 comes with some internal features of brightness control. But they are not really effective. They offer limited support only. There are some tiny tools which works fine with this thing. Like Monitor Brightness Reducer. This software offer you a simple to use control panel from where you can manage the brightness on the basis of your need. Compare to desktop monitors, laptop screen does not comes with a integrated osd. A tool that allows you to manage all kinds of settings manually. In desktop monitor it is much easy to reduce the complete brightness so that there is minimum strain on your eye. You can try wearing glasses also. They will also block light coming out directly on your eye.

Even I am looking for a similar tool. I need a software that can simply enhance readability on a vibrant screen. A number of time it is really painful to sit for hours. Compare to that it is more easy to read on a tablet pc.

The power option in Windows 8 can offer you some settings for reducing the screen brightness. You will need go in the power settings and there you can find a set of options that adjust the brightness automatically. If that is not configured properly then you can just choose the right kind of power settings for your need and apply the same. Just enable adaptive brightness from the power options and check back. If that does not work then there is one more option. The second thing you can do is sit on a place where there is ample of light from the background. This will reduce the impact of light on year eyes. In dark area the screen affects more. You can try buying screens which you can fit on the laptop screen for reducing the light effect. You can buy Anti-Glare screen which are widely available. You can just buy the same and apply it on the screen which will make readability more better.