Thread: Windows 8.1 Error 'The btvstack could not be started'

Windows 8.1 Error 'The btvstack could not be started'

I am having a Sony VAIO model which was running with Windows 7 since i bought it 2 years ago. Now as i wanted a change, i tried to install new Windows 8.1 Preview on the same. Well installation went fine without any problem, even installed all required softwares and drivers. But there are few problems appearing including the most annoying one which says "The btvstack could not be started".

I tried checking device manager if there is any problem with the driver, but everything seems to be fine. Then why is error message keeps appearing every now and then. Any idea what is the issue? Please let me know some fix to get rid of the same. Many thanks.

Re: Windows 8.1 Error 'The btvstack could not be started'

Hello Ina, did you managed to fixed the problem? If yes, please let me know.

Even i am facing exactly the same error message on my Acer laptop after updating to Windows 8.1. I even tried performing System Refresh but that doesn't seems working at all.

Is there any working solution to fix this error?

Quote Originally Posted by Ina View Post
    "The btvstack could not be started".

I tried checking device manager if there is any problem with the driver, but everything seems to be fine. Then why is error message keeps appearing every now and then.
    It is surely driver problem, I don’t know why is it not showing up in device manager. Did you tried downloading and installing the most recent driver from Sony website? If not, do it. Not just the Bluetooth but download all drivers and install. It should start working again.

That’s correct. When we upgrade to Windows 8.1, all drivers get disabled or uninstalled to the upgrade/installation process itself. Hence we have to install all drivers again like we used to do with Windows XP or Vista. Only Windows 7 and 8 were the operating systems which doesn’t required us to install drivers manually, they use to do it themselves but this is not the case with Windows 8.1, probably because it is yet in development. So, install the drivers and that Bluetooth error will disappear.

Ok, it seems like I found a fix. I got a solution from a blog that helped me to get rid of the error message. Atleast, I didn’t received it so far in two days. Here is what I did:
    • Open Task Manager.
    • Clicked Startup Tab
    • Here in my case the Bluetooth executable was named as ‘BtPreLoad.exe’
    • I simply disabled the same.

That’s it, now the error wont appear. I think the program was trying to load with windows startup and due to some unknown problem, it was giving us the error message. Also that means it was not the drivers problem.

One of my friend was facing the same problem with Sony laptop. He downloading the following driver update and problem fixed. If you guys want you can get it from here:

Bluetooth Driver Update (Broadcom) Update version 6.4.0.2600

Or try this:

Bluetooth driver uprade Program Version 6.2.0.5800