Thread: after installing Windows 8.1 preview, keyboard Layout automatically switches to US-layout

after installing Windows 8.1 preview, keyboard Layout automatically switches to US-layout

I dont know when did it start but am facing a problem with my Keyboard that is switching into the US-layout automatically. I have installed Windows 8.1 preview on my computer last couple of weeks now and recently this problem started. I have also deleted all the keyboard settings but still it will do the same thing? What can I do to solve this issue? Thanks for any help.

Re: after installing Windows 8.1 preview, keyboard Layout automatically switches to US-layout

Can you try to go into Control Panel > Regional Settings > Languages > Details and from there you will find a button which will allow you to configure the shortcuts to switch languages. You can also disable it if you want. You can also try to disable the automatic detection of languages in Word by going into Tools > Language. This is what might be switching the keyboard layout to match the detected language I suppose.

Re: after installing Windows 8.1 preview, keyboard Layout automatically switches to US-layout

You can try to do a System Restore to an earlier state when you didnt had this problem. To do this, go to Search and then move your mouse towards the right edge of the screen and then click on Search from the Charm bar. After that type Recovery in the Search box and then click Settings and then click Recovery. After that open System Restore. A windows will popup, just click on next and then you will get events that includes Time, Description, etc. Just select a particular event and then click next, system restore will be done now.

Even I had the same problem and I was able to solve it after digging up for solutions. You need to go to the right charms menu and choose Settings and then click on Change PC Settings and then click Time and language and then click Region and then Languages. After that click English (United States) and select Options. Now you can try to add whatever language keyboard there are through the option given "Add a keyboard".