Thread: Windows 8.1 Preview upgrade to Windows 8.1 final version question

Windows 8.1 Preview upgrade to Windows 8.1 final version question

I wanted to know after I have installed Windows 8.1 Preview on my computer then will it be upgradable to Windows 8.1 final version without any losses? I am excited to install the Preview version on my pc but I wanted to know this things before, so that I dont have to suffer from any issues from the Preview version to the final version. I have also read from somewhere that we have to uninstall the Preview version before installing the final version, is that true? Thanks for any information

Re: Windows 8.1 Preview upgrade to Windows 8.1 final version question

I would suggest you that you should not install this preview or any operating system preview if you do not have a spare computer to install it on. You should know that this Preview version is not a released version because it is still in the testing side. By installing it you might not know what issues you are going to face in the future.

You can pretty easily do a inplace upgrade from Windows 8 RTM to the Windows 8.1 Preview release and all your installed files, settings and applications will not be harmed at all. You will just not have the option to preserver apps if you urge to go from the Windows 8.1 Preview to the final release version. Or else wait for the final version to get released and then do the upgrade.

If you dont want to install the preview build and would like to go from Windows 8 or Windows RT to Windows 8.1 version, then you will not have to reinstall the applications again. You will have the same settings, data and apps which will be carry forwarded in the upgrade version as well. Also, the final versions of Windows 8.1 will be available for those who downloaded the preview version by a notification in Windows Store.