Thread: No internet connection after installing windows 8.1

No internet connection after installing windows 8.1

Did anyone else faced this problem? As mentioned in the title, WiFi stopped working on my Ative PC after upgrading to Windows 8.1 yesterday. I have a wireless network at home already connected to my HP laptop, a tablet and few smartphones. All are able to browse web comfortably but when i connect the same to my ATIV PC after upgradation process, it says WiFi is connected but when i open any web browser, internet just doesn't work. I get "Page Cannot be displayed, check your connection". Any idea what is wrong? Please help me to fix it out.

Re: No internet connection after installing windows 8.1

Do you have any yellow mark on the Wireless Network Icon? Is yes, then is some problem which is preventing the connection to rake place successfully. Just try running the troubleshooter. Go to the Desktop, right click the network icon and select troubleshoot, that's it. Wait for few minutes and allow the system to search the problem and fix it automatically for you.

If in case it wont solves the problem, atleast it will give a message making you know about the exact problem. Let me know the error message for further assistance.

Hello Unnati,

Thank you very much for your help buddy but unfortunately the problem still persists after running the troubleshooter. It only says the there is no internet connection.

Any other help please?

Can you tell me whether the problem is with WiFi only or with the Lan Connectivity? I guess Samsung Ative has the lan port, not sure.

Well I have been through this problem earlier with one of my Dell hybrid PC. After lots of workaround finally I managed to get to the cause of the issue. It was the wireless driver. Just like many other drivers, even Wireless Adapter drivers get failed after upgrading to Windows 8.1. In such cases we just need to download and install the latest Wireless driver from the manufacturers website and install. So go to Samsung Ative’s official page and download the driver (infact download all drivers, not just for the wifi), save them on desktop. Now one by one, right click them and install in compatibility mode of “Windows 8”.

This will surely fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    In such cases we just need to download and install the latest Wireless driver from the manufacturers website and install. So go to Samsung Ative’s official page and download the driver (infact download all drivers, not just for the wifi), save them on desktop. Now one by one, right click them and install in compatibility mode of “Windows 8”.
    That really worked Seraphina, I appreciate your help. Finally I got the internet working on my Ativ.