Thread: Unable to download apps from store after updating Windows 8.1

Unable to download apps from store after updating Windows 8.1

I am having Samsung Ativ running Windows 8, wanted to upgrade the same to new Win 8.1 preview. Earlier i faced few errors and problems while downloading or installing the 8.1 preview but after doing a System Refresh, all problems went away and finally i managed to install Windows 8.1, however refresh uninstalled all my third party applications. Anyways, now the problem is i am no more able to download any application from the store, no matter paid or free ones, none of them getting downloaded to my PC. Tried restarting the system several times but yet no success. Do i again need to do System Refresh?

Suggestion appreciated.

Re: Unable to download apps from store after updating Windows 8.1

I am bit confused with your post buddy. You said you did system refresh that uninstalled all 3rd party programs, then what and why are you downloading from Microsoft store? And secondly System refresh wont remove your apps which were downloaded from the store?

Can you explain the problem in details?

Quote Originally Posted by DanielV View Post
    Can you explain the problem in details?
    Does it really matters? Ok, forget the applications and all, can you please tell me why I am not able to download anything now after upgrading to Windows 8.1?

Hello Ulrich, can you please confirm if you get any kind of error code or any message while downloading apps from Store? Such as “sorry we cannot complete your request now, please try later” or something?

Until you reply, just follow these simple steps. I guess there might be some proxy server creating the issue:
    • Bring up the command prompt by typing Win + R key, and type the following:
    • “inetcpl.cpl” type without quotes followed by Enter.
    • Now go to Connections Tab and click LAN settings and uncheck the box saying ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’
    • Click Apply > OK and restart the system to effect the changes.

Now see if you are able to download anything.

Help appreciated Maw but yet the same result, no success. Any other suggestion please.

There could be another two reasons. First, hopefully you are trying to download apps which are not suitable for children or Age restricted, but in background your Family Safety settings would have been changed after upgrading to Windows 8.1 due to which it is blocking the download. So, what you need to do is turn off or lower the family safety settings. Hopefully it should work.

Secondly, like when we face problems with our browsers, we clear their cache to fix it. Similarly windows store as well save cache, which need to be clear. You can do this by simply running “wsreset.exe” command in command prompt and restart the Store. That’s it. You know how to bring up the command prompt, right. Its Win + R.

Well the family settings were already disabled by the way clearing the Store cache fixed the problem. Thank you very much.