Thread: Scanner wont work after upgrading to windows 8, need twain driver

Scanner wont work after upgrading to windows 8, need twain driver

I'm sorry if this post is going in wrong section but i need an urgent help from you all. I was having a Windows 7 desktop connected with HP OfficeJet 6500 All in One printer / scanner successfully since years. Last week i finally upgraded this desktop to Windows 8, installed all required drivers and softwares. System is running fine except my scanner. It is not at all recognizing the printer, i guess the problem is with drivers. I tried searching for the same on web and windows update but didn't found anything helpful. Can any one please let me know where can i get the twian driver for this scanner/printer? Many thanks in advance.

Re: Scanner wont work after upgrading to windows 8, need twain driver

I think you can get it easily on HP's official web page. Did you searched over there? Hp had already released the Windows 8 drivers for this Printer mode. Anyway, simply download it from the below url:

HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a Drivers & Downloads

Hey guys, even I need a similar help. I am having the same HP printer and have already tried downloading several drivers including the one from HP’s download center as provided above. I don’t know why but it is not working for me. Yeah, surprising. HP’s official drivers are not working. I cannot print or install from my printer since connected it to windows 8. So any suggestion/driver please?

I am not sure whether this will work for you or not but have helped me once I was facing drivers issue with another model on Windows 8 Pro 32bit. What you need to is download the Driver came with the printer for Windows 7. Restart the PC. Now got o Device Manager, you will see a yell exclamation mark which means that particular device need a driver. It should be your printer itself. Simply right click the same and click uninstall. Now click the scan button provided above. Make sure your printer is connected to the system during this process.

After clicking on scan button, wait for few minutes and let the system scan for any changes. Also make sure your computer is connected to Internet and Windows update is not turned off. During the scan windows should automatically download the appropriate driver for the printer from Windows update and it should work fine. Just give it a try and see if it makes any difference.

Help appreciated friends but seems like you haven’t read my post. I am asking for the TWAIN drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Harriet View Post
    Help appreciated friends but seems like you haven’t read my post. I am asking for the TWAIN drivers.
    I have been struggling with this same problem with my Canon scanner on windows 8 since long time and I realized that there is no support for twain so far for windows 8. So no help as of now.