Thread: Media Center in Windows 8 takes too much time to respond after clicking

Media Center in Windows 8 takes too much time to respond after clicking

I had upgraded to Windows 8 from Windows 7. I bought a media center edition here. I had connected my HDTV on the desktop to view movies which I play via media center. Now there is a new issue appeared. When I click on some video or image inside media center it takes really long time to open. The entire media center freezes in that process. Nothing happens on the screen and after really long time the video plays. It keeps on lagging in between. I am playing all files via lan storage. I had connected a 2TB external hard drive which has everything.

Re: Media Center in Windows 8 takes too much time to respond after clicking

Looks like upgrade is not proper. Due to which you are facing performance issue. It is always recommended to install everything back from scratch. Which adds proper files and does not create any performance problem. Retry the setup.

Windows 8 is a bit high in system usage. Which is due to new UI. This new interface is simply a bit heavy on system ram. So first thing I want to know is your complete hardware configuration. How much ram does your system has. It must be 4GB atleast so that your system is able to stream enough hd videos. The second issue lies with the video driver. You had connected a hdtv on your system. Now the resolution of that hdtv is much more bigger than the regular monitor. So here your graphic card has to work more. If you are not having a gpu then your integrated video memory is the only option left. Try to update your video drivers. You can find that on the official manufacturer's website. New drivers improves the system output and also adds more stability. But if you are having low ram then I will recommend you to increase it. This will give a boost to system performance. Ram sticks are much more cheaper today. Try to first check the videos on the pc screen itself. If they are working fine then the issue lies with video output which can be resolved by adding fresh drivers.

It is better to turn of all background applications. Video streaming needs a good amount of processing power. If you are using any other application in the background then the issue will remain as it is. It is essential that you must turn off all background process and then test back.

Upgrades never work good for Windows. I remember when I had upgraded for Windows XP to Windows 7, my system started giving me number of errors. Some applications which were working on Windows XP crashed on the new OS. I found later on that files of XP are not stable with Windows 7. I had format my pc back again and then everything went back to normal. There was no issue later. I added one more additional 2GB ram on my system and the issue was resolved. I am not using media center here, but still I can say upgrades has caused the performance issue. Also you can see the new windows 8 comes with a metro ui. If it is lagging then you might need to upgrade your hardware also. Another issue can be due to poor lan transfer speed. Try to update your lan adapter drivers and test it back. That would add more to the performance. In my cause I use a hdmi port always when I want to watch movies on a bigger screen. That is more faster compare to a regular vga connection.

Upgrades never work good for Windows. I remember when I had upgraded for Windows XP to Windows 7, my system started giving me number of errors. Some applications which were working on Windows XP crashed on the new OS. I found later on that files of XP are not stable with Windows 7. I had format my pc back again and then everything went back to normal. There was no issue later. I added one more additional 2GB ram on my system and the issue was resolved. I am not using media center here, but still I can say upgrades has caused the performance issue. Also you can see the new windows 8 comes with a metro ui. If it is lagging then you might need to upgrade your hardware also. Another issue can be due to poor lan transfer speed. Try to update your lan adapter drivers and test it back. That would add more to the performance. In my cause I use a hdmi port always when I want to watch movies on a bigger screen. That is more faster compare to a regular vga connection.