Thread: Windows 8 just keeps on restarting to install updates

Windows 8 just keeps on restarting to install updates

I am facing a weird issue with my Windows 8 laptop. It is a touchscreen device. There were some updates pending to install. I skipped them for few hours. Later on I enable the update back again. But each time the system reboot and keeps on adding new updates. It holds the shutdown for 20 minutes. This has happened around 3 to 4 times now and it is not ready to go. Is there a way to stop this. I think all the updates are installed in my system.

Re: Windows 8 just keeps on restarting to install updates

Such issue occur when the update is broken. It is essential that you must simply try to download that manually from web and run the setup. Now go in Update history and checkout the last update which windows has installed. Download it manually and install it again. Run the setup and that's all. The issue will be fixed.

To stop that you have to remove the last update from your system. For that you can go in Control Panel. In that look for Automatic Updates. There on the left you can see update history. You have to tick on the last update which is installed on your system. You can find the same in Uninstall Program also. Just remove it. Reboot your system. Now here you will need to put the update settings on manual. There is a option available through which you can simply put it on manual installation. That means Windows will notify about the new updates but it is on yo whether you want to install it or not. At that moment you can skip this kind of updates which are causing issue. While if you keep the settings on manual then those damage updates will be added again and again causing the same kind of problem. So just get rid of that and then test it. I had gone with the same issue on my Windows 7 desktop. Which later on was fixed by removing the updates. It is the only way to fix the problem. Sometime Microsoft release some set of hotfix that can resolve the matter.

Can you mention the KB number of that update. I think I can help you in locating a proper hotfix for that. Sometime updates causes new issue in the system. And to fix the same Microsoft offers a hotfix. Try manual download based on the kb number.

Such issue also occur due to invalid registry. Still your system thinks the update is not installed due to which you are dealing with the problem. It is necessary that you go with clean removal of all recent updates installed on your pc first and then you can move ahead with new updates. I always download them manually. Because there are ample of updates which are not required at all. They just load on the system memory giving a more poor performance. You can fix the same on temporary basis. You can just stop the update for time being and then install it back. Sometime there are damage updates distributed through which new problem appear. But Microsoft replaces that with a new one that would work really well. If there is any specific error code then it will be more easy to assist you. Error codes define the righ nature of issue.