Thread: How to move preinstalled Windows 8 from hard drive to SSD

How to move preinstalled Windows 8 from hard drive to SSD

I got a new Lenovo laptop that can with Windows 8 built-in operating system. I didnt get any installation discs with it. I also purchased a new Kingston 256Gb SSD that came with Sata to Usb cord. Now, what I am trying to do is I want to run the Windows 8 on the SSD in the laptop. So can anyone tell me any easy method how to get this preinstalled Windows 8 copy on SSD and then run the laptop from the SSD. Thanks for any information.

Re: How to move preinstalled Windows 8 from hard drive to SSD

There are many disk imaging software like Norton Ghost that you can use to image your Windows and then store it in an external hard drive and then plug in the SSD and restore the image on it. Norton Ghost can easily restore your Windows operating system, even when it refuses to start. This software since version 14 offers new features such as integration of Symantec Threatcon which allows for incremental backups when the Threatcon indicator reaches a level of threat manually set by the user.

Another tool that you can use is Paragon Drive Copy which does the same job like Norton ghost software. Paragon Drive Copy is an advanced solution for migrating data and running applications, create bootable backup copies of a hard drive or its partitions. It is based on the innovative Hot Copy. With this technology, all your applications remain active during data migration without significant loss of performance.

Well, you can easily try to make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks by checking the manual of your laptop. You can also try to order OEM Recovery disks from your manufacturer's website if you want. Or you can check out the guide made on "Methodology to create Recovery Media and reload a Lenovo Think system with Microsoft Windows 8 preload" from here - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/down...DocID=HT076024