Thread: Burn files over to a DVD Disc in Windows 8

Burn files over to a DVD Disc in Windows 8

In my profession i need to burn CDs and DVDs frequently with important documents and send it to my clients. I was doing this comfortably from years on my Windows 7 desktop. Two weeks ago i installed Windows 8 on my system. Everything is working fine so far. yesterday i had to burn few DVDs for the first time since i installed this new OS. Now when i insert the disc and open Windows Explorer, i just dont get a button saying "Burn the DVD" or so like it use to be in Windows 7.

Did anyone of you noticed the same? If it just me or my computer not having the button or MS has really removed it from Win8? Any help and suggestion would be appreciated. Please reply.

Re: Burn files over to a DVD Disc in Windows 8

Well it is right there in Windows 8, Microsoft has not removed it yet. Can i know what kind of files do you burn on DVDs? I mean is it ISO, IMG, Videos or Documents? Because as far as ISO and IMG files are concerned, i have burned two to three times in Win 8 laptop. What you need to do is just select the file, click Manage from the Tools Menu and click on Burn. Thats it.

Note, i am not sure whether the menu appears with Documents and Videos as well, but i am sure it comes up if you have ISO and IMG files.

Even I have heard few people saying that there is no option to burn DVDs in Windows 8 but I can burn DVDs on my computer without any third party tool. Yes, it is Windows 8 itself. Let me provide the steps by step process of burning DVDs on Win8. But before that you must have a proper DVD burner Optical Drive installed on your computer with its proper drivers. Also note that you need a blank DVD. If you have all these stuffs, here is how to burn DVD on Windows 8:
    • Insert the blank CD or DVD in your computer’s drive and open My Computer.
    • Now double click (or Tap in case of touch screen) on the DVD drive icon.
    • You will see a Pop up Windows asking for Disc Title. Simply enter the name you want to give to the DVD and select second option called “With a CD/DVD player”
    • If you select the first option, windows will create a bootable driver.
    • Now follow the onscreen instructions to add media, writing speed, etc.
    • Once done, simply click on burn.

That’s it.

No matter I am using Windows XP, 7 or 8, I dint liked the built-in CD/DVD burners of windows ever. They just don’t provided the features you require for creating a perfect CD or DVD for example, windows wont allow you to burn particularly an Audio CD or Video CD. It just burns data on the disc, that’s it. So my suggestion is simply download Nero and create the disc. No other application is better than Nero, atleast not the windows burner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabhan View Post
    What you need to do is just select the file, click Manage from the Tools Menu and click on Burn. Thats it.
    Ok so it was under Manage menu and I was searching it on the main ribbon bar itself. Thank you very much for the help Nabhan. I found it. And yeah, it works with other files as well apart from image files. By the way I appreciate your help as well Maq.h for such great step by step tutorial. Even that procedure was new for me.