Thread: Windows 8 login trouble "Your machine is offline please try to sign in with the last password"

Windows 8 login trouble "Your machine is offline please try to sign in with the last password"

This is Sony VAIO laptop running with Windows 8. I am the only one user/administrator of this laptop. The user account is password protected. I have been using this system without any problems since i bought it about 6 months ago but until last night. Today morning when i booted up the system it went fine upto Logon screen. But it is not allowing me to login in. Whenever i enter my password, it gives me an error message saying:

"Your machine is offline please try to sign in with the last password used on this machine".

I tried restarting the laptop several times but yet the same result. Can anyone please tell me what has went wrong over night? How can i fix it? Many thanks.

Re: Windows 8 login trouble "Your machine is offline please try to sign in with the last password"

A small question, do you use Online User account or are you trying to login with Offline account? Because to me it appears like a password problem. Until you reply just make you are putting the correct password.

Re: Windows 8 login trouble "Your machine is offline please try to sign in with the last password"

Quote Originally Posted by Himalayan View Post
    A small question, do you use Online User account or are you trying to login with Offline account? Because to me it appears like a password problem. Until you reply just make you are putting the correct password.
    Well I haven’t changed my passwords since I bought this system. And yeah, I am using the online account. Infact haven’t created any offline account so far.

What now, please help.

There could be two reasons for this issue. First, either your laptop is not having an active Internet connection. As the online user account needs internet to login, you should be connected to the internet. As the system seems to be offline hence you are getting that error message.

Secondly, either you or somebody else might have changed the password. Yeah, I know you haven’t changed password on the laptop since you bought it but as it is the LIVE ACCOUNT, if you have changed password from your Hotmail, Messenger or from any live services, the password gets changed for the laptop as well. So remember properly, if you have not changed password, somebody else might have done it, probably hacking. Try recovering the password from Hotmail.

So the two solutions, Make sure your laptop is connected to internet and Recover your Live password.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    So the two solutions, Make sure your laptop is connected to internet and Recover your Live password.
    I agree with you Dodger, and that is the reason why I always keep Offline account for my Windows 8 system. Locking your system with Online ID has always been risk and full of problems like the one he is facing at the moment.

Appreciate your help dodger. I checked my ID/Pass by logging into my Hotmail account on another computer and is working fine. So that means the problem is not with the password, right?

As far as connectivity is concerned, I use this lappy on WiFi, how can I check if it is connected or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
    As far as connectivity is concerned, I use this lappy on WiFi, how can I check if it is connected or Not?
    For a moment, connect the laptop using the LAN cable or cat-5 cable. If in case you don’t have extra Lan cable, remove it from your desktop and connect it to the laptop. If that is also not possible, restart your router once, wait for about 5 minutes and restart the laptop. Now try loggin in again. Hope it helps.