Thread: using Windows 8 and Wiimote together

using Windows 8 and Wiimote together

Hello, I have recently installed Windows 8 on my computer. I have also bought a Wiimote controller so that I can use it on Windows 8. But the problem is that I cant connect it on the same OS. The controller gets detected but it asks me for a passcode? There is no where mentioned from where I can get the passcode anywhere? Does anyone know how to connect it on Windows 8? Thanks

Re: using Windows 8 and Wiimote together

Can you please tell us which WiiMote device are you using, that is, whether you are using a genuine Wiimote from Nintendo or using some other third party WiiMote from some other place? Also, which bluetooth stack are you using? You should know that you will require its driver, and a bluetooth dongle to and some IR Emitters to connect it to the system.

I was using Windows 8 on my laptop that was having the Bluetooth adapter inbuilt. I also had the Wiimote and to connect it I turned it off first and then opened Devices and Printers and clicked on Add Device. After that I pressed the 1 and 2 buttons one after another and then Windows 8 picked it up and I choose it and clicked Next. It has taken to me some screen with message like "You might need to enter the same passcode into the input device" and I just clicked next without typing anything in the box and it connected the WiiMote and installed its driver without any error. So, you could also use this same method to connect your device as well.

Even I was not able to pair the WiiMote in Windows 8 using the new Wizard. But later I found some program to connect the Wiimote, download it from the below attachment. After downloading it, just press the red sync button and open the exe file that is related to your Wiimote version. It will definitely work for you without any issues.
    Attached Files Attached Files