Thread: Windows 8 always logs to temporary profile but wont login to default profile

Windows 8 always logs to temporary profile but wont login to default profile

I am having a Windows 8 laptop. It is not very old. I was having some virus issue. But the antivirus looks to be working well. I started facing a new issue on my system. Each time when I start my system and login to my account a new user profile is loaded. My entire desktop settings are messed up. I am not able to do anything here. I tried many things but nothing worked. Can anyone simply help me here how to get rid of this issue.

Re: Windows 8 always logs to temporary profile but wont login to default profile

Looks like issue with damage system files. That can be avoided by running a system file checker. Launch cmd in safe mode and then type sfc /scannow and hit enter. This will scan your system for damage system files and replace it. I use this whenever I face any serious bug in Windows.

Re: Windows 8 always logs to temporary profile but wont login to default profile

Virus can also cause damage to user profile. That is common. I had also gone through the same issue. I am using Windows 7 here. Each time when I login the system just loads a new desktop. It was due to virus. I am using a free edition of AVG. So here to fix the issue I performed system restore. That fixed the issue for sometime. But the issue occur back again after few months and I am not able to get any solution for the same. The last thing that worked is formatting Windows and installing everything back from scratch. That fixed the issue. If you just want to backup your data then you can run system restore for sometime. It will fix the issue for temporary period. You can just copy your important files and then you can move ahead with clean installation. That is one of the best way to fix the issue. There is no utility available that will fix the user profile corruption issue. The virus simply affects the system registry which cause this bugs. It is essential that you install a good antivirus in your system. There are ample of them available. I think almost every popular antivirus offers you a free trail with fully activated features. So atleast for a month you can use those free antivirus software in your system and keep your system secure from different kind of issues. That will be more better. Just try system restore for a while and see till what time it works fine. Get a good antivirus and keep on scanning your system under safe mode. That will be simply more helpful.

The simple thing that I can suggest you is to create the account back again. Go in the Control Panel and create new account. Then login in that. The problem will be resolved. This is the easiest way to fix the issue but do not forget to simply clean your system with a good antivirus.

Are you using any theming application. You have to remove that. Ample of time widgets or other buggy theming apps commonly cause this kind of issues. You must simply get rid of the same. I got the issue when I was using a third party theming tool. It just modified the entire desktop interface but later on the user profile failed to load. As I removed it and put back everything on default settings, it started working. This also occur due eto widgets sometime. Some are buggy that can cause the crash. While I do not think there is any other option available through which you can simply fix the user login. Creating a new account is another easy way of fixing the issue. That might fix the problem. It is essential that you must run a full system antivirus scan under safe mode which will be more helpful in fixing the issue. System restore can provide you old settings back but they are not at all effective. There is one more simple option available by which you can resolve the issue, that is by running a repair setup through Windows installation disc. It will not format your system but replace the damage system files. It is a effective solution against this kind of problem.

There is no utility available on the web that allows you to restore the damage user profile. I had faced this problem many time and each time I have to format my pc and install windows back. That is the reason I created a system clone image and use that for restore.