Thread: delete user accounts in Windows 8

delete user accounts in Windows 8

I have recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 8 and as a test I was just creating number of user accounts on it. Now, I am looking for a way to remove or completely delete some of the user accounts that I am not going to use anymore. I tried searching for the uninstallation process but cannot find anything related to it? Can anyone tell me how do I delete the user accounts in Windows 8? Thank you in advance.

Re: delete user accounts in Windows 8

Since you are using the laptop and have created the different user account, so need to login to your main admin account, which you will not delete, and it should have the full rights as well to delete the user accounts. Follow the below steps on how to do that:
    1. First of all, you need to login to your default admin account.
    2. After that you have to click on Start and type User Accounts.
    3. Now, you have to go to Settings and then choose the User Accounts icon.
    4. After that go to the “Manage another account and then choose the user account which you would like to delete and then click on delete the account.
    5. After that if you want to Keep the files or Delete the files, simply select the best choice that you would like.
    6. Similarly, you can also can delete the other accounts following the same steps above.

You can try to open Control Panel and then click on "More settings" option. After that a new window will popup, just search the User Accounts and Family Safety options. Now you need to click on the Add or Remove User Accounts option. A new window will popup, here you will see a list of users that is made already on your Windows 8 system. Simply click on the user accounts that you want to delete. A new window will popup and here you need to click the Delete the Account for that user. Confirm you want to keep or delete all of that user's files and finally delete that user account by clicking on it.

Incase you are on a tablet type of laptop, then just touch and hold in the middle of the screen of the desktop for some seconds and a box will pop up. Then select Personalize from the drop down menu option. You can also right click on the desktop and then choose Personalise again. A Settings Menu will pop up, just at the top click on Control Panel and then select "User Accounts and Family Safety > Add or Remove User Accounts > and then remove all the accounts that you would like to delete.