Thread: Window 8 apps are always pending and will not download from Marketplace

Window 8 apps are always pending and will not download from Marketplace

I recently upgraded one of my laptop to Windows 8 Pro. Installation went fine without any problem. Did all configuration and settings, internet working fine, all ok. But here is the problem. When i launched the Windows Store from the Metro Screen, i saw a notification saying "15 Updates available". These were 15 applications which needed to be updated. I clicked on OK and allowed to update. After an hour when checked back, i saw all 15 apps are still in queue. None of them are updated even 1%.

I tried downloading some new apps from Market place and they also get in queue and showing pending. It behaves like there is no Internet on my computer, but internet is working fine and hence i am able to browse the market, right?

Now its been a day and i am not able to download anything from Windows Store on my Win 8 laptop. I dont know where is the problem. Request you guys to please help me out.

Re: Window 8 apps are always pending and will not download from Marketplace

Yeah, even i have been struggling with this problem for months. After lots of troubleshooting finally i managed to fix it with a solution mentioned in an article., Here is what you need to do:

• From the Metro screen on your system press Win + W key together. This will bring you up the troubleshooting Window.
    • Here you will find an option called "Fix problems with windows updates". Click the same.
    • Click next to make windows search for solution. Windows will try to fix out all the problems on its own but in case it dont find anything, it will prompt you with a pop saying if you want to try in administrator mode.
    • Simply click Yes and let windows find the solution.

Thats it. It found the solution and fixed my problem.

Thanks for the help Paisley007, but unfortunately that dint worked for me. I tried those steps twice but yet the same result, none of the apps are updating or downloading from Marketplace.

Now what? Any other suggestion please?

Alright, just try out the following steps and see if it makes any difference:

• Press ‘Win+R’ key to bring up the RUN command. Type ’MSCONFIG’ and hit Enter.
    • On the opened window go to ‘Boot’ tab and uncheck ‘Safe Boot’ option.
    • Now click on ‘General’ tab and select ‘Selective startup’ option. Here clear all Load startup items check box.
    • Now click on ‘Services’ tab and first check mark the box below saying ‘Hide all Microsoft services’. Now click on ‘Disable all’.
    • Click on ‘StartUp’ tab, click ‘Open Task Manager’.
    • Under Startup tab Disable all items.
    • Click Apply > OK and restart the system.
    • When the system is back again, again type msconfig in RUN command and and go to Services tab
    • Here click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    • Click to select half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    • Now apply > ok and restart the computer again.

Thats it. Now try downloading any app from Microsoft store and see if the problem persists.

Many times it may also occur if your systems location/region is set wrong. Hence see if that is not the problem. You can do this by going to search charm bar, type "region" and click on settings from the result. From the results click on Region. Now click the Location tab. If the location isn't correct, select your location from the list, tap or click Apply, and then tap or click OK. It should help.