Thread: Which Linux OS between PCLinuxOS, PinGuy OS and Slackware

Which Linux OS between PCLinuxOS, PinGuy OS and Slackware

I am having three choices to install a Linux on my laptop. Those three are PCLinuxOS, PinGuy OS and Slackware. After searching a lot I found that this are the only most lightweight OS which will work well on my system. I am looking for a simple interface. I am not so great in Linux but I am looking for some simple OS that can offer me a basic interface with simple to use features and application. I am not looking for complication here. Can anyone suggest which one is the best among here.

Re: Which Linux OS between PCLinuxOS, PinGuy OS and Slackware

Why you skipped Ubuntu here. I think that is one of the best OS for desktop. It is lightweight with ample of applications. You must try that. The reason for using is this app support. You can get almost anything for the same and it well optimized to work with any hardware.

I think you must go for PCLinux OS. It is one of the best OS for old system. It is lightweight and has ample of great features in terms of desktop environment. The operating system is based on LXDE "Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment. Due to which it is extremely simple to use. The environment offered here is simply fast and light. I am using this for long few years and it works really well. I am having just 512MB ram and I am using ample of applications on the same. I am using open office and it works fine. This OS looks to be specifically designed for tablets and netbooks. Which are quiet low on resources. With simple interface it is quiet easy to use. There is a good set of repository for the operating system from where you can download any latest application you want. The ram usage of this operating system lies below 512mb. Just because of this I am able to use my old desktop. There are more thinner version of Linux distro available on the web. But here the more lighter edition you go for the more minimum features you will get. That is the reason to choose a standard distro that works really well and has a good software repository.

If you need extremely light Linux Distro then there is one you can use. It is called as puppy Linux termed as most lightweight Linux os available in the market. It works really well with usb also. So if you just need a temporary solution then go for the same.

There are ample of Linux distro. Compare to whatever you mentioned I will also go with PCLinux OS. Once it is installed it keeps on getting new updates regularly. So that your system has the most latest version of os updates and it makes it more stable i performance also. Also there is no need to reinstall or upgrade the system completely if the os is expired. The main features of OS is that it is quiet responsive in terms of output. It features a complete LXDE desktop environment which is really very easy to use. And also once you install the os in the package you will get LibreOffice pre-installed in the system. So the performance output here is simply great. The new edition also has driver support for ati. The os has a complete pack of different things you can test. It has a flash support and also it comes with some popular applications like Firefox, picture manager, dvd tools, etc. I found it is really helpful both in terms of performance and feature. I will recommend you to go for the same.

According to me you must go for Ubuntu. It is one of the best desktop operating system available for different system. I am using this in my old laptop which also has windows xp on one side and it works really well. There is on performance issue at all.

I think whatever you will use will be a bit complicated for you to use and understand the same. Compare to them I will also advice you to use Ubuntu. A nice lightweight operating system with ample of fresh features you can go with. The latest version of Ubuntu is more better compare to its older edition. It works fine and has no issue with the output. What matters here is the interface. If that is dull or outdated then it will be complicated for you to completely understand the same. Compare to whatever Linux os available in the market I found Ubuntu as one of the best and appropriate. You can just install the same over your existing operating system and it will really work well. For those who are directly switching from windows to linux, this tool is best for them. It is easy to install as well it is quiet easy to configure. You can manually choose the set of updates as per your choice.

There are ample of Linux distro in the market. It is always recommended that you use the most latest one. So I found Linux Mint will be great for you. This operating system comes with Libreoffice and many application. So it is just an out of the box solution.