Thread: BSOD on Windows 8 after adding a new motherboard

BSOD on Windows 8 after adding a new motherboard

I had replaced my motherboard recently. My complete hardware configuration is listed below. I am having a dual core system with 1Gb gpu on it. There was some issue with the board. It stopped working. I had shown the same to a repair center. The repair failed. I bought another one here. This a new board by Gigabyte which supports all my old hardware, plus it is a bit more enhanced. Now I had connected everything on it and turned my pc on. On boot till login scree windows 8 worked fine. But on the desktop it crashed.

Re: BSOD on Windows 8 after adding a new motherboard

That is because you had change the hardware and you will have to update your system drivers. I will advice you to install Windows 8 back on your system. Which will be more appropriate. Just re-install it and update the drivers and then check back. I think that will resolve the issue.

There is one more thing you can do. First boot your system in safe mode. This will disable ample of services running in the background. Then use the motherboard driver disc and run the setup. Install all drivers back from scratch and then test it back. I think this will be simply more better in fixing the issue. You can do one more thing before installing the driver. This will ensure more reliable system. Just go in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program and remove all the drivers and old applications. Remove everything from here. Then run the clean setup back. I think this will be more appropriate in fixing the issue. This will simply add the new update driver files in the system making it more stable. If this does not works then the only option left in the end is to format the pc and install everything back from scratch. Windows 8 has the easiest setup here. If your system works fine in safe mode then just backup your data instantly and test the same back. Which will be more appropriate.

I do not think that will work. You had replaced the hardware. If the motherboard was exactly the same which you were using before, then there was no need to install windows back. Some existing driver might be colliding with the hardware due to which you get that error.

I can list you some most common causes of blue screen crash. You can then troubleshoot your pc on that basis. First thing you have to do is check all the connectivity ports. Check everything here. If the connection is appropriate then you have to check the ram. Remove the ram, clear the edges and hook it back. This will be more appropriate in fixing the problem. If there is a ram fault then this can be resolved if you change the slot. The next thing you have to do is boot in bios. Let the system run for sometime. There are some nice bootable memory scanners available on the web which can give you a clear information on ram errors. You can use memtest here. Boot your system with that and then scan ram for errors. This will be more appropriate in locating the problem. One more thing you can try here is remove the graphic card from the pc and put your display on default vga port. The issue can also lie with gpu drivers.

Format your system. This will be more better. And if you want to take data backup then simply boot from a live cd and copy all the data to external storage. That is one of the best way to backup data in terms of crash. Then you can go ahead with more troubleshooting.

It is more better if you can give the complete reference of error you are getting. The error code. You can try getting in safe mode first and then go in event viewer. In that you can find a log report of the error. Paste everything here with complicate description. That will tell us what is the problem. There can be hardware as well as software fault also. In terms of hardware as mentioned above you can simply re-connect everything and test back. And in terms of software the driver or damage system files can be the cause of issue. Formatting and installing everything is the only best choice here. Because if you manage to make the system work properly in this condition, in future you can face issue.