Thread: Problem with 2 Operating Systems

Problem with 2 Operating Systems

Hi,
    I have a computer with two OS (First Windows 7 x64 and second Vista x64)
    I was out of my hometown, and I didn't use my computer long time. Now, I'm back and when I tried to use my computer, first OS - Win 7 started without any problem but when I tried to start Vista, after green screen, I've got inside Windows but nothing was there. I saw a mouse cursor which I even can move it, but it is only one thing which I can do it. When I tried to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete button, I'm getting "Task Manager" and when I put a word "Explorer.exe" in the "File - New Task," I'm getting somehow inside a Window.
    I tried few things to fix it, but really I don't have any idea what I supposed to do to fix my Vista.
    When I've got inside Windows, I got few messages:

1. Something about rundll32.exe ( when I open "Task Manager - Processes" there were a lot's of rundll32 processes opened,

2. The procedure entry point EvtIntReportEventAndSourceAsync could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll,

3. The procedure entry point GetGestureInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll,

4. The procedure entry point EvtIntReportEventAndSourceAsync could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll,

5. The procedure entry point K32GetModuleBaseNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll,
    There are SM Bus Controller and Realtek PCIe FE GBE Family Controller missing, and for sure I need to update few things, but I'm not able to do anything,

even if I have a driver still it doesn't let me to install it.

and I've got some report:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1e
    BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
    BCP2: FFFFF80002C6DECD
    BCP3: 0000000000000000
    BCP4: 00000000BAD0B138
    OS Version: 6_0_6002
    Service Pack: 2_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    D:\Windows\Minidump\Mini042313-03.dmp
    D:\Windows\temp\WER-74194-0.sysdata.xml
    D:\Windows\temp\WER6ED8.tmp.version.txt

Re: Problem with 2 Operating Systems

There might be some softwares like adobe or something else installed in vista which is not supported by Vista anymore and hence you are getting those error messages. You should remove Vista once and for all and use only Windows 7 which is more then enough for one system. You can even try to install other operating system in windows 7 virtually if you want, but for that you need to have the ultimate and pro version of OS.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Hi,
    I Edit my previous thread. I noticed that was a little bit chaotic. My English is second language and sometimes is not easy for me to explain something.
    This is a more clear version (I hope)
    Hi,
    I have a computer with two OS (First Windows 7 x64 and second Vista x64)
    I was out of my hometown, and I didn't use my computer long time. Now, I'm back and when I tried to use my computer, first OS - Win 7 started without any problem but when I tried to start Vista, after green screen, I've got inside Windows but nothing was there. I saw a mouse cursor which I even can move it, but it is only one thing which I can do it.
    When I tried to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete button, I'm getting "Task Manager" and when I put a word "Explorer.exe" in the "File - New Task," I'm getting somehow inside a Window.
    When I've got inside Windows, I got few messages during when my computer is trying to "Personalized Settings"

1. Something about rundll32.exe ( when I open "Task Manager - Processes" there were a lot's of rundll32 processes opened,

2. The procedure entry point EvtIntReportEventAndSourceAsync could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll,

3. The procedure entry point GetGestureInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll,

4. The procedure entry point EvtIntReportEventAndSourceAsync could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll,

5. The procedure entry point K32GetModuleBaseNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll,
    There are SM Bus Controller and Realtek PCIe FE GBE Family Controller missing, and for sure I need to update few things, but I'm not able to do anything, even if I have a driver still it doesn't let me to install it.
    I tried few things to fix it, but really I don't have any idea what I supposed to do to fix my Vista.

In the end I'm getting a message "Your user profile was not loaded correctly!
    You have been logged on with a temporary profile.
    changes you make to this profile will be lost when you lod off. Please see the event log for details "

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1e
    BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
    BCP2: FFFFF80002C6DECD
    BCP3: 0000000000000000
    BCP4: 00000000BAD0B138
    OS Version: 6_0_6002
    Service Pack: 2_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    D:\Windows\Minidump\Mini042313-03.dmp
    D:\Windows\temp\WER-74194-0.sysdata.xml
    D:\Windows\temp\WER6ED8.tmp.version.txt

When I tried to go to "Event Viewer" (Eventvwr.MSC) I've got message:
    The procedure entry point EvtIntReportEventAndSourceAsync could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll

Not sure what is the reason you still use Windows Vista, but personally I feel Windows 7 is much more stable than Vista, so I'd suggest that upgrade Windows Vista to Windows 7.

Hi donek,

When you are starting the computer then press F8 continuously, and after you get a list of startup selections, choose Safe Mode and then press Enter. After login try to do a System Restore and pick a restore point before your issue. To do the same, click on start > programs > accessories > system tools > system restore and then pick a different time and click on next.

Hi,

Guys maybe I didn't explain very well my situation. When I choose Windows Vista as a OS which I wanted open I go there and look like I log on but the screen is empty, and I have just the mouse cursor which I can move it.

I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete buttons, and I'm getting to the Task Manager. When I put a word "Explorer.exe" in the "File - New Task," I'm in Windows with icons on the screen, with Start Menu, with access to open my computer but the Windows still is not perfect. I cannot update anything. I cannot install anything I cannot get the Internet because I need to update my Ethernet driver. I download on my friend's computer every major driver which I need to update, and I put them on usb stick but when I try to install them on my computer, every time installation process is stopped, and I'm not able to install or fix anything. I'm so upset because looks like I have Windows working, but something is missing there and it doen't let me to go farther. Even when I go with "Save Mode" is the same situation

P.S.

In the end of login in the Windows always I'm getting a message:

"Your user profile was not loaded correctly!
    You have been logged on with a temporary profile.
    Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you lod off. Please see the event log for details "

You can try to perform the below steps to repair of replace the damaged or missing system files:
    1. First of all try to run Disk Cleanup by going to Start and then All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup
    2. After that click on Start and then type in Search box "COMMAND" and find at top of list and then RIGHT CLICK and RUN AS ADMIN
      sfc /scannow

Also check the article on "How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates in Windows Vista" from here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928228