Thread: Kali Linux the new OS for advance penetration testing

Kali Linux the new OS for advance penetration testing

If you are looking for a advance penetration testing OS then just have a look on new Kali Linux. This OS is designed on debian and has new tools and lots of new packages. It is designed to give advance option for penetration testing. There are around more than 300 testing software that allow you to find out security bugs and make your software maximum secure. It is one of the latest OS and has new supports and libraries. You can test it out by registering on the official site.

Re: Kali Linux the new OS for advance penetration testing

I am using Backtrack still. I thought there will be not future updates or a new OS will be released in this area. But is good to find Kali Linux. I am going to review the features and all new stuff which is added on the same. I hope this will be much more better and has ample of new things to try out.

Can anyone here provide some important highlight of this new OS. How it is better than the older one and what all new thing it is going to offer for penetration testing.

Kali is a new pack of BackTrack. It is just an upgraded edition that offers you a new infrastructure with set of new tools. As said above there are around 300 new tools added on the same that makes the tool a much better OS. Compare to the predecessor it is better and obviously free. Kali offers you a secure environment for development. You can use secure protocols on it to maintain maximum security and I am sure it will be a great tool tools for developers.

It is having more hardware support now. The OS has advance customization options which was limited in the older edition. It has support foe ARMEL & ARMHF also. The OS is great in many ways. Being new it is not yet used widely and surely in coming time we will find more bugs.

But there is nothing to worry about that. The OS also has support for wireless devices. If you have any bug you can report the same and wait back to get appropriate updates.