Thread: Windows 8 laptop expected to get cheaper in future

Windows 8 laptop expected to get cheaper in future

It can be rumor, but to some extent it is true that Windows 8 OEM based system will get cheaper in future. Great fall in price is expected. I had gone through a number of news which says that the OEM upgrade will create a great difference in the price of tablets and netbooks. But I am unable to find a cheaper solution. What I found that laptops compare to Windows 7, are far more cheaper compare to Windows 8. And Windows 8 on a non touch interface is of no use.

Re: Windows 8 laptop expected to get cheaper in future

It is true. But for that you will need to wait for sometime. This can be in future. I had also seen some news that says Windows 8 will result on more cheaper devices. In tablets I do not think Windows 8 might be able to beat Android. It is 3 times cheaper compare to Windows tablet. We have to wait back until there are many models of Windows 8 finally comes in the market. Today there are quiet few and they are very costly. My friend just purchased Dell Latitude. He paid around Rs.40,000 for the same in which he can simply get a gaming pc.

I do not thing this would be happen. Windows is cheaper only in terms of desktop. While for tablet and ultra portable it is always costly. And above all tablets are luxury products. They are not meant for business. They can give you minimum work. You can just instantly check your emails and surf web pages. For better work you will have to switch to a desktop or laptop. Even I agree that there is nothing cheaper than android. Because of open source you do not require to pay for the operating system.

It might take years to find a great fall in the pricing. And especially for a commercial OS like Windows. I was looking for a Windows tablet that was near the price of Galaxy. But I found nothing. What I got a device costlier than iPad. I had worked on Windows tablet in my office and I found the interface really cool. It works much better than the desktop version. For tablet I think Windows 8 is the best operating system. But due to price it becomes a bit annoying to buy it.

Fall in price does not means that the tablet or netbook will be extremely cheaper. There can be a price fall of 10 to 20% in coming months. Not more than that. I expect Microsoft to release a much lighter version of Windows OS, for tablets so that everyone can afford it. And ample of us are not really ready to pay such a high amount for a portable device. Even the tablets which features a small screen are costly. They are not at all cheap.