Thread: Best free downloads manager for windows 8

Best free downloads manager for windows 8

I have installed windows 8 in my laptop and I want to know which is the best free downloads manager for the same. My friends are suggesting me IDM, I have just gone through its feature and it’s pretty impressive. However, I will like to know if there are some better downloads manager compatible with windows 8, suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Best free downloads manager for windows 8

Interned downloads manager is the best. It is compatible with windows 8. I used to use it on windows 8 and I have stick to it on windows 8 as well. There are many downloads manager that are compatible with windows 8 but trust me none of them can compete “Interned downloads manager”.

Yeah, even I am using Interned downloads manager from a long time. The very first thing that I like about it is the download speed. It sucks up the whole internet speed to complete the download as soon as possible. You can limit it accordingly if you find other internet tasks getting affected by it. The other thing that I like is that you don’t have to insert the download link manually for downloading anything. You just have to click on the icon that appears on the video, that’s it. Just make sure that you are downloading the latest version of IDM.
    I have checked a number of download manager, I don’t think there is any download manager as such. YouTube video downloader comes up with an icon but it can be used for downloading YouTube videos only.

rmtra12 Guest

I think DAM(Internet Accelerator manager) is best free download manager for Windows 8. It will speed up your downloads.

I use Download Accelerator Manager and ill suggest you the same. It can help you speed up the download to greater extent. You will have to copy and paste the URL in Download Accelerator Manager but I don’t think that’s a big task. It won’t even take seconds. As far as the GUI is concerned, it is quite simple with lots of additional feature like pause, auto-sort files, use proxies, auto etc. I have used “Interned downloads manager” previously and I think “Download Accelerator Manager” has better download speed.

I haven’t used Interned downloads manager or Download Accelerator Manager but I have started using Free Download Manager in my system running windows 8. I won’t compare it with other downloads manager but I just wanted to add that Free Download Manager is quite good as per my experience. To get a better idea of it, you can take a quick look at its features below:
    • HTTP & FTP download support
    • Batch downloading support
    • Flash video downloading support
    • BitTorrent downloads
    • Ability to import URL lists right from the clipboard
    • Pause/resume downloads capability

Apart from all these things, Free Download Manager is completely free where as IDM comes up with 30-day trial version after which you will have to buy it for $29.95.

I was looking out for an absolute free Download Manager, IDM is good but then it doesn’t fall in that category. For now I have downloaded and installed Download Accelerator Manager. I am quite satisfied with the download speed I am getting, on a 512 mbps line I am getting 65kbps download speed. I will stick to DAP, as I haven’t found any negative points about it.